Stealth subwoofer install options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running an 8 inch jl audio sub and 1500 watt planet audio amp for it. Its nothing fancy, but it hits way harder than the factory stuff. I wanted my stuff to look and sound better than factory.

OP
OP

09_BLK GMC

Reaction score
I suggest you find someone with the Bose sub (it's in the console) and listen to it. Adjust the bass, etc. and see if it'll work for you. I'm decently satisfied with mine for what it is. Nothing chest-pounding, but it can be felt and fills the low end considerably well. Another member recently installed a low-profile all-in-one sub/amp/enclosure thing that fit where the Bose sub and enclosure would be (THREAD HERE). Actually, he replaced his Bose sub with it and reported that it sounded much better. I don't know if he meant louder or better sound or both, but I'd say it at least was louder. If you listen to a Bose system, just imagine it a little louder. If this will work for you, then you've got your answer for a stealth sub with nothing in plain view and no loss of any cargo space or even floor space, for that matter.

Thank you for your advice, I do have the Bose in my 15 Silverado Crew and I definitely need more bass than that lol!

Im running an 8 inch jl audio sub and 1500 watt planet audio amp for it. Its nothing fancy, but it hits way harder than the factory stuff. I wanted my stuff to look and sound better than factory.

That's probably the route I may be going for! Thank you for the info!

Guys again Thank you for your help!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though you have bench second row seats, you can still install a sub box behind them that is relocatable and/or removable. This gives you the flexibility to move or remove the sub, when you need the cargo space for something else. My removable, 10" down-firing Audiomobile sub, powered by a 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp hidden within the rear side panel, is specifically designed for small, 1 cubic foot sealed enclosures, but the sub itself is not a pancake design. The sound, while it won't set off car alarms a block away, delivers a very strong and tight base sound. I have quick disconnect plugs on the speaker wires, so it is easy to remove when needed. I also carry a 10' length speaker wire with matching quick disconnect plugs so that I can move the sub box to any position within the truck at any time when needed.

07 Denali Custom Sub.jpg

OP
OP

09_BLK GMC

Reaction score
Even though you have bench second row seats, you can still install a sub box behind them that is relocatable and/or removable. This gives you the flexibility to move or remove the sub, when you need the cargo space for something else. My removable, 10" down-firing Audiomobile sub, powered by a 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp hidden within the rear side panel, is specifically designed for small, 1 cubic foot sealed enclosures, but the sub itself is not a pancake design. The sound, while it won't set off car alarms a block away, delivers a very strong and tight base sound. I have quick disconnect plugs on the speaker wires, so it is easy to remove when needed. I also carry a 10' length speaker wire with matching quick disconnect plugs so that I can move the sub box to any position within the truck at any time when needed.

View attachment 225315

If I had the captains chairs this would have been the option I would have gone with. I am also debating on getting a single 12" that I can take out if needed.

Thank you guys for all the input!!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had the captains chairs this would have been the option I would have gone with. I am also debating on getting a single 12" that I can take out if needed.

Thank you guys for all the input!!

Speaking of removable, I had a 300-watt sub system in my ex-wife's car. The amp was mounted to the enclosure, so we had three wires plus the two RCAs to disconnect. I put the power, ground and remote wire together with a 2-conductor with ground twist-lock plug and mounted a receptacle to the underside of the back dash. The RCAs had a magnet hot-glued to them where the "Y" was so when they were disconnected from the amp, we just stuck them to the metal of the back dash. The twist-lock connector I used was rated for 30 amps, which would support 300 watts down to around 10 VDC, which your battery should never get to. At 14 VDC, it's only around 21 amps and around 25 amps at 12 VDC, to give you a reference.

JustinMKN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really happy with my JL Stealth Center Console woofer for $650 ish in my 2017 Suburban Premier.