Starting to look...down to 2018, 2019 and 2020's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will be replacing our 08 that now has 180K with something newer. While I would love a 21 or 22 with the diesel, we cannot justify (or have the means) to spending $70K. This is a business vehicle for us so it will be getting wrapped aos we will be limited to a few color options, dark blue and white are our top options with silver being a distant third. Second row buckets are a must. We are open to a YXL or 'Burban. Miles 40K or under. Another reason for the latter years is I have always believed the last of a production cycle tend to be the most reliable. Also we want Apple CarPlay and I think '19 was the first year. I know not too tall of an order but with the internet and willing to travel along with months to look, I think we will be able to find one.

I did have a few questions, what is in the Premier package on the 'Burban and what is the YXL equivalent? At what level do we get the ventilated/cooled seats? I see no reason to step up to a Denali, we don't pull anything.

I have my Autotrader reminders set, where else should I be looking. Price ranges for these should be in the low $40K range from what I have been seeing.

Last edited:

shock

Reaction score
Carplay came much sooner than 2019, 2016 or maybe 2017.

In Chevy flavor, only LTZ or Premier had ventilated seats. Not sure in GMC form.

Google “autobytel build 2019 suburban” (or whatever year/model). They have a build configurator that you can play with and get a better idea of options/packages/trims.

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no problem looking earlier than a 19 or 20...if it meets our criteria. When looking used, I always try to look for the best example, something that has a good pedigree. Fortunately, we have friends in a GM service department that can check the service history and any open campaigns.

Last edited:

George100

Reaction score
As you are asking about the Premier trim level on the Suburban and Tahoe, it came out in 2017 and it only replaced the LTZ designation. So the models came as LS, LT, and Premier. Yukon XL came as SLE, SLT and the Denali trim level. It was higher in cost and options than the 2017 Suburban/Tahoe but in 2018 with the Sub and Tahoe getting the 6.2/10 speed then the option list narrowed considerably. As the trims on the 19 and 20 are close, you could also look at Yukon XL with Denali trim package and then you would have a greater field to choose from as well as you might like the looks of the GMC better. Good luck and hunting

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you are asking about the Premier trim level on the Suburban and Tahoe, it came out in 2017 and it only replaced the LTZ designation. So the models came as LS, LT, and Premier. Yukon XL came as SLE, SLT and the Denali trim level. It was higher in cost and options than the 2017 Suburban/Tahoe but in 2018 with the Sub and Tahoe getting the 6.2/10 speed then the option list narrowed considerably. As the trims on the 19 and 20 are close, you could also look at Yukon XL with Denali trim package and then you would have a greater field to choose from as well as you might like the looks of the GMC better. Good luck and hunting
I like the idea of the Denali but I don't need or want the 6.2. Our 08 is a SLT and we want that trim level. We like the remote start (I know, it can be added) but need the second row captains. The cooled seats would be really nice in the Reno summers.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
17 has CarPlay (usb not wireless). I agree with the cooled seats, but you’ll end up paying thousands more for some higher trim where all you really gains is the seats.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ventilated seats for Chevy, LTZ or Premier, for the GMC, Denali. Good luck with your search and let us know what you end up buying.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe in those years ventilated seats were Chevy LTZ/Premier or Yukon SLT and up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a Yukon SLT might be your best bet. I have a 16 SLT that has every option except the heads-up display and 6.2L. I don’t tow anything so the SLT was the best option for me. Good luck in your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne