Starting to look...down to 2018, 2019 and 2020's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the QST 106 but it is hardly a resort ski...also..what resort are talking about Jackson Hole or Jackson Gore (at Okemo). Personally, I prefer something narrower as an inbounds ski.

Alyeska. Not sure I want to go touring after such a deadly winter. Mindbender is the next on my list.

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alyeska. Not sure I want to go touring after such a deadly winter. Mindbender is the next on my list.
Mindbender can handle the AK windbuff a bit better. I will be up you way in a few months, Wasilla and general area.

bradac

Reaction score
17 has CarPlay (usb not wireless). I agree with the cooled seats, but you’ll end up paying thousands more for some higher trim where all you really gains is the seats.
CarPlay actually started in 2016

We will be replacing our 08 that now has 180K with something newer. While I would love a 21 or 22 with the diesel, we cannot justify (or have the means) to spending $70K. This is a business vehicle for us so it will be getting wrapped aos we will be limited to a few color options, dark blue and white are our top options with silver being a distant third. Second row buckets are a must. We are open to a YXL or 'Burban. Miles 40K or under. Another reason for the latter years is I have always believed the last of a production cycle tend to be the most reliable. Also we want Apple CarPlay and I think '19 was the first year. I know not too tall of an order but with the internet and willing to travel along with months to look, I think we will be able to find one.

I did have a few questions, what is in the Premier package on the 'Burban and what is the YXL equivalent? At what level do we get the ventilated/cooled seats? I see no reason to step up to a Denali, we don't pull anything.

I have my Autotrader reminders set, where else should I be looking. Price ranges for these should be in the low $40K range from what I have been seeing.

Another thing to note, all 2018 and up Tahoe suburbans have LED Daytime Running Lights (the LED bar) at full brightness on all 2018 and up on all trims (LS, LT etc). 2017 and below use stand halogen DRL low beam on non LTZ non premier models, so something to keep in mind if your not getting a LTZ or premier.

Also note, bench seats in the 2nd row is not available on as an option on any LTZ or premier models, if you want something with this and want the luxury features (push to start, rear heated seats, keyless entry, bentalted front seats) find a LT with a bench but the luxury package, a easy indicator that it has the luxury package for Tahoe or suburban is typical fog lights on a LT, as only lt luxury package an up has fog lights, it was only offered as a package.

In terms of Yukon, they all have LED DRL, all years all trims. Yukon SLT trim all have push to start and fogs lights, the SLT on a Yukon is like LT but with luxury package already.

Always stay away from 2015 models for all models.

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CarPlay actually started in 2016

Another thing to note, all 2018 and up Tahoe suburbans have LED Daytime Running Lights (the LED bar) at full brightness on all 2018 and up on all trims (LS, LT etc). 2017 and below use stand halogen DRL low beam on non LTZ non premier models, so something to keep in mind if your not getting a LTZ or premier.

Also note, bench seats in the 2nd row is not available on as an option on any LTZ or premier models, if you want something with this and want the luxury features (push to start, rear heated seats, keyless entry, bentalted front seats) find a LT with a bench but the luxury package, a easy indicator that it has the luxury package for Tahoe or suburban is typical fog lights on a LT, as only lt luxury package an up has fog lights, it was only offered as a package.

In terms of Yukon, they all have LED DRL, all years all trims. Yukon SLT trim all have push to start and fogs lights, the SLT on a Yukon is like LT but with luxury package already.

Always stay away from 2015 models for all models.
Thanks, since we are looking for rear captains, this is great information. Good to know about the lighting because the lights on our 08 well...suck and our eyes are getting older.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Suburban and the low beam headlights leave a lot to be desired. I use the auto high beam feature which helps, but it is not near as good as the LED headlights on the new Volvos or the new 2021 Suburbans and Tahoes.

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Suburban and the low beam headlights leave a lot to be desired. I use the auto high beam feature which helps, but it is not near as good as the LED headlights on the new Volvos or the new 2021 Suburbans and Tahoes.
Lights just keep getting better and better. Our only real night drving is on open road/highway and not much oncoming traffic.

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2017 (remotely) nothing in the ad says Carplay and dlong more research, nothing in the 2017 brochure does either. Can anyone with a 17 confirm?

George100

Reaction score
If you have the brochure, look on page 9 at the top right column, it says 'Available Apple Carplay Compatibility' I have a 17 Sub and its have both android auto and apple car play. You might want to note however if you have an apple phone that charges wirelessly, the 15 to 17 models do not charge apple very well and you would need to put the upgraded wireless charger in if that is your wish. I myself have used the 18 charger and since have widened it to accomodate an iphone 12 pro max.

OP
OP
Philpug

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used prices are pretty high at this point but while I have missed some...none that I said Damn, that was one that got away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts