Stall converter or cam swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just going off the numbers, this seems much more sensible for a 6.0. A very mild converter would complement this, but it won't be so critical and can wait.
Yea I think that's the direction I'm gonna go. It's pretty affordable through them too. Then tune it to 91 and hopefully be content for awhile haha. It should move pretty well being 2wd 3.73's with that cam and exhaust I imagine

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I think that's the direction I'm gonna go. It's pretty affordable through them too. Then tune it to 91 and hopefully be content for awhile haha. It should move pretty well being 2wd 3.73's with that cam and exhaust I imagine

Comparing yours to mine, I'd say it'll be good. The tune is everything.

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comparing yours to mine, I'd say it'll be good. The tune is everything.
Did you change to bigger injectors? I just have the factory lq9 ones and I'm sure they'll be maxing out the duty cycle with the cam.

Should I go with the 8.1 injectors or bigger?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you change to bigger injectors? I just have the factory lq9 ones and I'm sure they'll be maxing out the duty cycle with the cam.

Should I go with the 8.1 injectors or bigger?

No. Mine's a FlexFuel, so the injectors already have headroom. I forget the details, but I wanna say they're safe for 600HP. Don't take that as the gospel, though.

Just figure for 100HP over stock and see if FF injectors would support that for yours. You can get OEM injectors for relatively cheap. They have a couple different sizes (mostly height variances), but should be able to get some that fit where your stock ones were. You likely will have to get connectors and pigtails, too. Or adapter harnesses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt