speaker question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Reaction score
I tried putting the 03 radio pocket and dash bezel on today and @adriver was right. It actually fit like s*it i think.
The bottom is to long and blocks the door from opening for the power ports and ashtray. I did start trimming it enough to open along the bottom and got it almost acceptable.
Switched to the climate control switches and would have needed to make some blocks to mount to the radio bucket that i could then mount the switches to.
Looking at the work involved and the micky mousing needed i said fk it and bought the $150 Metra kit.
The wrecking yard parts were $20 and spent a few hours trying it out so im not out much at all.

On the plus side i did get the rear metal bracket out and cut it off just above where the original radio bucket will still bolt to the bracket making everything secure.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Reaction score
Started installing the speakers and figuring out wiring today.
Only place i could figure out a place for the power to go through the firewall is a little sketchy. There is maybe a 1/4in space between the wire and inner steering shaft. I have some Teflon anti chafe tape i think i better wrap the wire and shaft with.
20231013_132202.jpg

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Reaction score
The speaker wire from the amp was a pita! trying to feed it between the body and door through that rubber tube thing.
20231013_143155.jpg

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Reaction score
Here is some more for ya!
Go the front speakers in. Good thing i have never been thought of as a expert installer!
20231014_121349.jpg

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Reaction score
Went to install the rear speakers and that turned into a big bummer.
I thought i could fit some 6x9's in but there is no real way to do it and keep it under the grill on the door panel. There is a window motor in the way.
So i need a different plan.
20231014_123526.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz