Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Continue to inadvertently be an *******. I was out at a big lake in my general area Saturday, hunting bald eagles with the camera. I found an osprey fishing the banks, and pulled up on thia curb (there are no "no parking" signs). This place is like an Audobon around here, so it certainly didnt hurt to have something to get people to slow down. Even got a look from a few deputies. :lol:

View attachment 374297

Great shot. Any good shots of the Osprey or Eagle? They've been pretty active over my house lately, the Osprey at least only one eagle flew by.

Haha, every time I go out I get a wave from a Deputy or a Trooper. My wife just laughs, we could be her Charger or my Tahoe and they always wave at me but never her. Maybe its my big bald melon.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I often get the howdy wave from deputies. Not so much from troopers or city cops.
I get waves from all LE, everywhere. Most certainly always wave back. The local LE that I work with (for work) usually identifies me from characteristics on the outside (front bumper scratches) and they promptly give me a friendly middle finger, since they can't see through my windshield tint. :lol:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get waves from all LE, everywhere. Most certainly always wave back. The local LE that I work with (for work) usually identifies me from characteristics on the outside (front bumper scratches) and they promptly give me a friendly middle finger, since they can't see through my windshield tint. :lol:
Camaraderie!

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great shot. Any good shots of the Osprey or Eagle? They've been pretty active over my house lately, the Osprey at least only one eagle flew by.

Haha, every time I go out I get a wave from a Deputy or a Trooper. My wife just laughs, we could be her Charger or my Tahoe and they always wave at me but never her. Maybe its my big bald melon.
BI4G8107.pngBI4G7998.png

Attachments

• BI4G8107.png
    BI4G8107.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally forgot one of the main reasons I bumped this thread. :lol:

Tailgate stopped working suddenly, just when I needed it to work most. Got time to dig into it the next day, found the glass in the rear hatch worked fine, so I knew the harness had power. I drilled the embossed "spot" on the inside for panel for the hatch, and manually unlocked the rear tailgate without an issue. Didnt even feel like busting out the multimeter, so ordered a new button for the tailgate release (all over eBay and Amazon for $15). Slapped it in and worked perfectly.

IIRC, this is the only the third problem I've had. TPS sensor failure, water pump, now the tailgate release button. Think I'm around 265k miles now? Still have zero regrets, still daily driving, still have the trainhorns, and still have people panic slam on brakes when they see me. Enjoying this thing until it literally falls apart.

20220704_135619.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My clapped out DSLR with a mirror. Its a Canon 1D Mark IV, and a Canon 100-400mm L (Mark I).
Only a 1D Mark IV :) that is an awesome camera. Had a Nikon D750 and a Sony A7 for a while but my vision has gone down the toilet and what I think is great shot turns out to look like what's in the toilet.

Had recently replaced my rear button as well. Honestly, that's what I like about this platform. It is easy to work on and parts are plentiful. And really, not much does goes wrong with them. My biggest issue will be the rockers and really that won't be that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts