My 2010 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
I love the carbon fiber wrap you did over the fake wood!!! Could you explain how you did that possibly? Would love to do that in my 2010 Tahoe too! Thanks buddy, the car looks great!!!
What does hardwired V1 mean? There is discussion on here about heavy duty aftermarket sway bar. Lots of people said it is a huge improvement. My brakes were pulsing so my shop turned the rotor’s down instead of replacing with new. I thought garage’s didn’t do that anymore but they said if there is room it’s cheaper.
I don’t understand about spare tire cover. Can you explain?

OP
OP
A

AV2010PPV

Reaction score
I love the carbon fiber wrap you did over the fake wood!!! Could you explain how you did that possibly? Would love to do that in my 2010 Tahoe too! Thanks buddy, the car looks great!!!
I had some old wrap left from when I wrapped an emblem on another car. I was bored and decided to see what I could do with it. I used a hair dryer and a razor blade to wrap the wood. I removed the panels and slowly wrapped them. It’s fairly easy to do if you are patient.

OP
OP
A

AV2010PPV

Reaction score
What does hardwired V1 mean? There is discussion on here about heavy duty aftermarket sway bar. Lots of people said it is a huge improvement. My brakes were pulsing so my shop turned the rotor’s down instead of replacing with new. I thought garage’s didn’t do that anymore but they said if there is room it’s cheaper.
I don’t understand about spare tire cover. Can you explain?
Hardwired V1 means I wired my Valentine One radar detector via an add-a-fuse in the fuse box.

OP
OP
A

AV2010PPV

Reaction score
Where did you find the oem hitch and how much did you pay for it? 400+ seems like a lot to pay for a used piece of steel on EBAY.
You can get an oem hitch for about $100 from many junk yards. Removing the old bolts is the worst part of the process.

Jimgeorge

Reaction score
You can get an oem hitch for about $100 from many junk yards. Removing the old bolts is the worst part of the process.
LQK, the largest junkyard in the United States didn’t have a single one anywhere in the US. Unbelievable.

OP
OP
A

AV2010PPV

Reaction score
LQK, the largest junkyard in the United States didn’t have a single one anywhere in the US. Unbelievable.
I guess it depends on where you are. I just looked locally in Houston Tx and you can get several ranging from $65-$150. When I was looking I found four different yards selling them for $100/per.

Edit: I also see some one eBay for $200 shipped right now for an 07-14 Tahoe.

Last edited:

waveryd

Reaction score
High 300s everywhere I look.
I just paid $158 today for one that they pulled and delivered from a local salvage yard today. Also included a semi-decent bumper cover. As has been mentioned, depends on where you are. I have an aftermarket hitch I would give someone that needed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019