Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I dropped by my local drug store to grab some stuff, I come back out and find someone has backed into a spot in front of my truck. The weird part was the parking lot was pretty empty. They elected to back in, in front of my truck? Weird. The vehicle was crooked also, and still really close to my Tahoe. This was Wednesday.

I just saw today that that MF backed into me. He was acting weird when I walked to my truck, he was keeping an eye on me as he wandered around the parking lot.

One benefit to this all, I have a dash cam. For some reason though, it didn't cut on while he backed up in front of me. So I have no video of that, but do of him walking around looking SUS AF when I was about to leave. I've filed a police report, shared the video showing the driver CLEARLY and his tag, and the best part is I have pictures from Sunday that I took with the new headlights. I'm waiting for the police to go do a knock and talk at his house, and to see what he has to say especially when the officer finds damage to his rear bumper.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My Tahoe is no show piece, but I take care of my shit.
View attachment 264674 View attachment 264674
Grrrr

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I dropped by my local drug store to grab some stuff, I come back out and find someone has backed into a spot in front of my truck. The weird part was the parking lot was pretty empty. They elected to back in, in front of my truck? Weird. The vehicle was crooked also, and still really close to my Tahoe. This was Wednesday.

I just saw today that that MF backed into me. He was acting weird when I walked to my truck, he was keeping an eye on me as he wandered around the parking lot.

One benefit to this all, I have a dash cam. For some reason though, it didn't cut on while he backed up in front of me. So I have no video of that, but do of him walking around looking SUS AF when I was about to leave. I've filed a police report, shared the video showing the driver CLEARLY and his tag, and the best part is I have pictures from Sunday that I took with the new headlights. I'm waiting for the police to go do a knock and talk at his house, and to see what he has to say especially when the officer finds damage to his rear bumper.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My Tahoe is no show piece, but I take care of my shit.
View attachment 264674 View attachment 264674
What a douche. He should get charged with a hit and run.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, finally pulled the trigger on an audio upgrade. Since I have the Alpine iLX-650, I grabbed the Alpine KTA-450 amp that attaches to the back of the head unit. Its 50w x 4 RMS, do it'll be a nice upgrade. Grabbed these Kickers for the doors. Not looking for anything crazy, just upgrading stock stuff. Might add a sub later, who knows.
20210108_194506.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updating, speakers installed.

Door panel off, the stock front. Even not being Bose, these really didn't sound that bad. Just wanted more.

20210109_122456.jpg

The replacements.
20210109_122509.jpg

These are shallow mount, so they will work with our doors.
20210109_122526.jpg

Stock speaker, which is actually all one piece. Next to the replacement.
20210109_123929.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock speaker flipped.
View attachment 267281

You actually have to cut the speaker basket out of the mount. In most cases you will have to trim the lip off the face off.
View attachment 267282

Voila
View attachment 267283

Backside.
View attachment 267284

I kept some of this tape from when I worked on BMW's. Its great for wrapping up harnesses.
View attachment 267285

I recall seeing where people would curb stomp the speaker from the back side to separate the speaker from the frame. I'd play it safe and carve it out like you did, though. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts