Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work. The door panels/grilles fit over them with no mods?
Indeed. They are a literal factory replacement. No need to buy any different mounts or anything, all you need are the speakers.
I recall seeing where people would curb stomp the speaker from the back side to separate the speaker from the frame. I'd play it safe and carve it out like you did, though. lol
I might could see that with the vehicle only being a couple years old, but even at 11-ish years old these were pretty brittle. With my luck and my feet all that would have been left is a voicecoil and the magnet. :crazy:

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Alpine KTA-450 with my previously installed Alpine iLX-w650 head unit. I chose this head unit before for many reasons, one being this amp. When I got the head unit, the KLA-445 was model. This 450 now has a little more wattage (4x50w RMS), but also has DPP. Glad I waited...

It comes with a bracket to attach it to the back of the head unit, and still is shallow enough to fit our dash with zero modification. Super easy hookup, since the head unit has a pre-amp plug for RCA's and speaker outputs. Its plug and play except for connecting the amp speaker outputs to the factory harness to the speakers.

Here is a dry fit with the head unit and the amp, amp being the top part in the photo. I initially cut out part of my installation rails to accommodate the amp wiring harness, but later found it beneficial to run the harness up through the middle, so have plenty of clearance side to side.

20210120_181923.jpg

Here is the amp harness connected, you can see how I ****** it down to come out the back where the other harnesses and wires exit.

20210121_110638.jpg

Overall view of the back, ready to drop into the dash.

20210121_110618.jpg

And a shot with most of the harness in view. The box hanging near the bottom is my door chime, part of the CarXTC install kit from Amazon.

20210121_110713.jpg

Sounds great so far. I'll wake myself up otw to work tomorrow morning for sure. The Kicker coaxials I put in have a broad response range (40-20k Hz), and they can handle 250W.....but the amp definitely has woken them up.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Installed the Alpine KTA-450 with my previously installed Alpine iLX-w650 head unit. I chose this head unit before for many reasons, one being this amp. When I got the head unit, the KLA-445 was model. This 450 now has a little more wattage (4x50w RMS), but also has DPP. Glad I waited...

It comes with a bracket to attach it to the back of the head unit, and still is shallow enough to fit our dash with zero modification. Super easy hookup, since the head unit has a pre-amp plug for RCA's and speaker outputs. Its plug and play except for connecting the amp speaker outputs to the factory harness to the speakers.

Here is a dry fit with the head unit and the amp, amp being the top part in the photo. I initially cut out part of my installation rails to accommodate the amp wiring harness, but later found it beneficial to run the harness up through the middle, so have plenty of clearance side to side.

View attachment 268441

Here is the amp harness connected, you can see how I ****** it down to come out the back where the other harnesses and wires exit.

View attachment 268442

View attachment 268443

And a shot with most of the harness in view. The box hanging near the bottom is my door chime, part of the CarXTC install kit from Amazon.

View attachment 268444

Sounds great so far. I'll wake myself up otw to work tomorrow morning for sure. The Kicker coaxials I put in have a broad response range (40-20k Hz), and they can handle 250W.....but the amp definitely has woken them up.
Wow--that looks small--ish. It fits perfectly in the DD opening? Nice job. Is that amp geared more towards tweeters or for mids?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 268441

View attachment 268442

View attachment 268443

View attachment 268444

Nice man! :)

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow--that looks small--ish. It fits perfectly in the DD opening? Nice job. Is that amp geared more towards tweeters or for mids?
That is the best part, it has a dip switch on the side with 0/60/90/120 high pass filter settings. You can run mids or highs, and you can also run the amp at 100x2 RMS. And with my head unit I still have pre-amp outputs for subs if I want to add more.

Nice package all together, and yup it fits 100% in our DD dash, no depth issues. I've got all that wiring plus my door chime box back there.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That is the best part, it has a dip switch on the side with 0/60/90/120 high pass filter settings. You can run mids or highs, and you can also run the amp at 100x2 RMS. And with my head unit I still have pre-amp outputs for subs if I want to add more.

Nice package all together, and yup it fits 100% in our DD dash, no depth issues. I've got all that wiring plus my door chime box back there.
Nice that it puts out that much power in such a small package.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felt cute, might delete later IDK.

Here she is in all her glory, 237k miles. Including the new paint damage on the front bumper cover where I was hit and run on a 5 minute trip to the drug store.

BI4G0177.jpg

Still liking the AlphaRex Pro's. I need to make a few adjustments, then I will make a seperate thread on them for anyone interested.

BI4G0187.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Felt cute, might delete later IDK.

Here she is in all her glory, 237k miles. Including the new paint damage on the front bumper cover where I was hit and run on a 5 minute trip to the drug store.

View attachment 268655

Still liking the AlphaRex Pro's. I need to make a few adjustments, then I will make a seperate thread on them for anyone interested.

View attachment 268656
Whatever happened to that douche that hit you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu