Some garbage has got to go!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up in San Francisco / north Bay Area in the '60's - '70's. 'Big Brother and the Holding Company' was near by, 'Grateful Dead' had a house up the hill from me, 'Journey' played at my High School before a record contract. Watched Jefferson Airplane play on the grass near the intersection of ' Ashbury & Haight' in S.F. 'Huey Lewis and the News' had their rehearsal studio next door to my friend's local band studio. ( I met Huey, when earlier he was in a local band called 'Clover'. ) Chris Issak cruised in his green 1969 Pontiac Lemans ahead of my '70 Goat. ( Did live sound for him in later years)

Too much more to mention..... But the best experiences are watching these bands in their studios. Priceless !!

Our great local radio station was, KTIM / AM & FM " Raising Hell, in San Rafael" was their line.

Last edited:

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm...what's an 8 track? Google doesn't recognize it when I type it in. o_O

As far as the empty garage door opener compartment, I push it every once in a while when the grandkids are with me and say "Kirk to engineering. I need more power Scotty."

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I was old--Damn your old lol! I didn't even know they had 8 track recorders.

LOL I still have a Pioneer H-R100 Dolby 8-Track recorder, that I bought in '73 or '74, for my home stereo. I have one last blank, unopened 8-Track tape to go with it.

Even better, I still have my Sansui 9090dB receiver from '77. Both still worked when I retired them.

joe

Pioneer H-R100.jpg 9090DB.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
LOL I still have a Pioneer Dolby 8-Track recorder, that I bought in '73 or '74, for my home stereo. I have one last blank, unopened 8-Track tape to go with it.

Even better, I still have my Sansui 9090dB receiver from '77. Both still worked when I retired them.

joe

View attachment 223681 View attachment 223682
Isn't Sansui quality stuff? My parents had a home stereo that looked alot like that unit. Think it was a Fisher or Teac. Sounded pretty damn good, and it rocked. Gotta ask my mother what she did with it. Had the 8 track, cass and played records on the top of it.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first 2 things I bought with my Paperboy money were Cream's 'Disraeli Gears' and 'Steppenwolf Live'. I still have those too. They haven't seen daylight in years, but I still have about 300 LPs.

Mountie says:
Biggest bummer in my music life..... An original bootleg album I gave to a musician to record, got stolen from him...... Bootleg Beatles "Get Back" album. ( I listened to the " Let It Be" music 1 1/2 years before it was out..... A year before Abby Road was out. ( My Dad's friend brought it back from England in ( 1971) (?) The Apple rehearsal recording tapes were stolen for the bootleg.

joe

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Man, I know that feeling.

There are assorted Beatles bootlegs out there.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz