Some garbage has got to go!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Dead Sea British Scrolls. ( Got souvenir at movie theater seeing 'A Hard Days Night' in '64 )

View attachment 221951
Beatles--I was born on the ass end of their popularity.
My son bought me a new turntable for Christmas last year. I've had a bunch of fun playing through the boxes of albums (LPs). Had to dig in the basement to pull them out of storage.

Here's a pic of the recorder that my big brother and I bought together (cost us at least a couple hundred bucks back then, a lot of money at the time, which is why we co-owned):

View attachment 221950

Not my picture, but note the Roger McGuinn tape. Famed front man of the Byrds; they were a bit before my time but one of the albums I still have is a later McGuinn, Clark, and Hillman LP, one of the first I revisited in the past few months. Currently going through The Babys albums. LOL
Pioneer--back in the day that was really good--EXPENSIVE--stuff. When I was small my parents had/bought cars with factory 8 track players.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rodz..... I'm not THAT old !!! ( born in '55 )....

Hell, I can still do pit stops at Daytona 24 Hr. or play with Nitro Floppers. :happy107:

That record player is pretty cool!!

Currently online, used/factory auto 8 track players price between $600.00 & $800.00 !!

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Rodz..... I'm not THAT old !!! ( born in '55 )....

Hell, I can still do pit stops at Daytona 24 Hr. or play with Nitro Floppers. :happy107:

That record player is pretty cool!!

Currently online, used/factory auto 8 track players price between $600.00 & $800.00 !!
Wow! I've never seen one in person. I was born in 69--hehe--so you're 14 yrs older then me :bleh:

OP
OP
Jeff Groves

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have a 1975 Firebird factory 8 track stored away at my Dad's house.
Looking at on line prices? I think I hit the lottery!

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember when cars only had AM and if you wanted FM, you could buy an FM tuner

cycho

Reaction score
Born in 55' as well, in S Cal it was AM in the 60's with stations like KRLA and KHJ. Then FM took over in the very late 60's, early 70's with KMET, KLOS and a few others. I am fortunate enough to have grown with the glory years of S California radio. When I moved to Phoenix AZ in 1977 radio was way behind.

My brother had a 4 track in his 58 chevy. I had 8 track then cassette. Of course we all eventually went to CD's. Now it's IPOD's and SIRIUS XM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269