Some 2016 GM models cut powertrain warranty from 100K to 60K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love my ute, but I don't ever plan on owning a GM product with more than 60K miles on it--they've just given me even less confidence in their product.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my ute, but I don't ever plan on owning a GM product with more than 60K miles on it--they've just given me even less confidence in their product.
The sad part is, they're lowering warranties while foreign manufacturers have gone up in miles covered over the years. I'm with Rush, I usually don't keep a vehicle past 50,000 to 60,000 miles so I usually don't have this issue but it's certainly not a good sign.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This only solidifies the issues with GM as a whole. My next new vehicle will not be made by GM. I'm out.

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This only solidifies the issues with GM as a whole. My next new vehicle will not be made by GM. I'm out.
Dude, I can't believe you went with a 14 after all the issues you had with your two 15's. It's funny how personal experience can go with a product. I had two Range Rovers, a 2011 and then a 2014, in a row before ordering a 15 Denali XL (I needed something bigger). People told me RR's were a nightmare and broke down all the time. Back in the 90's and through 2008 or so I think that was the case but I took a chance in 2011. I loved both RR's I owned and only had one small issue with my 2011 that was fixed with a short visit to the dealer. My 14 never had the first issue in the 20,000 miles I had it. Now I have a buddy that bought the mack daddy 2015 RR Autobiography that ran him about $120K or so. He's had nothing but problems with the damn thing. I'm sure he'll never get another one as a result. I guess it's luck of the draw sometimes.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I am still questioning my sanity over it. I did test drive a Q80...just liked the "truck" feel of the Yukon. RR is on my radar now...

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I am still questioning my sanity over it. I did test drive a Q80...just liked the "truck" feel of the Yukon. RR is on my radar now...
I am well versed on the RR models. If you have any questions, let me know. They do not drive like a truck at all. One thing is for sure, snow, mud, etc. will not stop them. They can go through about anything... in style.

StockHoe

Reaction score

I thought the same thing. 07 Tahoe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019