[SOLVED] Fast blinking after Turn Signal LED bulb swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodkin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just converted all my taillight bulbs to LED's and just did the turn signals. Replaced the flasher with a Novita LM487. The left side lights blink fine, but when I turn the right sides on, both the taillights AND license plate lights blink with the turn signal.

And when I turn the 4 ways on, both left and right taillights along with the license plate lights blink.

???

bodkin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just converted all my taillight bulbs to LED's and just did the turn signals. Replaced the flasher with a Novita LM487. The left side lights blink fine, but when I turn the right sides on, both the taillights AND license plate lights blink with the turn signal.

And when I turn the 4 ways on, both left and right taillights along with the license plate lights blink.

???

Fixed my own problem. Turns out I overlooked the two corner bulbs, and one of them was burnt out.

Two new 194 LEDs to replace them, and the turn signals are back to flashing normally. And the tail lights and license plate lights no longer flash as they shouldn't.

ARogg619

Reaction score
I have LED tails on my 2000 Yukon SLT. No hyper flash, im assuming bc theres something in the little box attached to them that prevents that from happening. If I add LEDS to my front turn signals, will I need to change my flasher? I already have HID headlights, but the turn signals I would like to swap for a nice bright LED

Token11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 GMC Yukon SLE and I want to change all my lights to LED on the exterior, headlight, DRL, blinkere and FOGS, if anyone has the part number for those it would be greatly appreciated.

And maybe some help picking brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Staines

Reaction score
Two items you need for that:

Novita LM487 flasher
2x Aaron 50W 6ohm Load resistors (for brake/tail - cruise control won't work without them)

I'd also like to know what people recommend in regards to the LED bulbs. I wouldn't mind getting a little bright for my brake/tail lights. Here's what I bought:

Front turn signals: Yorkim Super Bright 3157 LED Light Bulbs Amber
Rear Brake/Tail: Yorkim Super Bright 3157 LED Light Bulbs White
Front driving: Yorkim Super Bright 3157 LED Light Bulbs White
Front side turn signals: BRISHINE 194 LED Bulbs Extremely Bright Amber Yellow

I've been searching a bit for backup lights, but haven't settled yet. I'd be curious what folks here recommend (even on the stuff I listed... it was a casual search without any real comparison shopping)

AJ Lerway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2002 Tahoe Z71. I did a full LED conversion. DRLs still not working (swapped relay and fuse, no change). Cruise never a problem. I do have hyper-flashing but doesnt bother me. The Novita LM487 sounded interesting but apparently is not available for a 2002 Tahoe. Any ideas on alternatives other than adding resistors?

For the DRLs, I tried the dome switch 4x, relay/fuse, different bulbs/different directions.. I would normally just replace the socket but with both not functioning... not sure thats a solution.

David Staines

Reaction score
2002 Tahoe Z71. I did a full LED conversion. DRLs still not working (swapped relay and fuse, no change). Cruise never a problem. I do have hyper-flashing but doesnt bother me. The Novita LM487 sounded interesting but apparently is not available for a 2002 Tahoe. Any ideas on alternatives other than adding resistors?

For the DRLs, I tried the dome switch 4x, relay/fuse, different bulbs/different directions.. I would normally just replace the socket but with both not functioning... not sure thats a solution.

One problem with DRLs is that you don't get the LED fully seated in the socket. I just ran into this on my 2001. It's pretty tough to do when you're dealing with those brittle DRL sockets. Another thing to know is that the DRLs only come on when your lights are off and you are in gear.

I just installed a new flasher unit in my 2001 that fixed hyperflashing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JZ77RA/

AJ Lerway

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're right, the first few times I thought the light was in, but it wasnt. It will actually "click" once it is seated properly. I have tried during the day, up against my garage door, in Drive and no difference. And yes, they are SUPER brittle!

I wonder if it could be a light sensor issue. At start up, my headlights always come on and stay on even during the day. The only time they go off is if do the 4x push of the dome override switch. Not sure how easy those are to replace. Would like to remove the easy variable before I start cutting electrical wires of those sockets.

Thank you for the link on the relay. It led me to one for my truck. It's only $8 so I will give it a try for the Hyper-flashing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17