Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patokelley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

My my 2003 GMC Yukon 1500 SLT driver side turn signal indicator on the dash is frozen, along with the corresponding left arrow on the mirror, when I drive with my headlights on.

We replaced all lightbulbs yesterday because I have sight problems at night. Got all LED. Even new back taillights with built in LEDs and a LED backup light so I can finally see.

Anyway I got a couple problems.

1)The one described above - frozen Driver side indicator/mirror and the actual front and back left light signals do not work when it's doing this - while headlights on.

2) Front Driver side blinker doesn't work... it doesn't light up. The right passenger side does.Both are new LED light. All lights on the truck are brand new LEDS.

3) The passenger side indicator that does work blinks really, really fast. I did find that I probably need to change the emergency lights/turn signal box under the dash below the steering wheel to an LED one like "Hazard Warning LED Flasher Relay for GM Turn Signal Flasher" I found on Amazon that says works with my truck. Would this fix other issues maybe?

I checked the blinker bulb connection up front and the fuse in the side fuse box on the drivers side. It's a 25 fuse. I went ahead and replaced it.

Please help. Suggestions?

Thank you very much Pat

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My my 2003 GMC Yukon 1500 SLT driver side turn signal indicator on the dash is frozen, along with the corresponding left arrow on the mirror, when I drive with my headlights on.

We replaced all lightbulbs yesterday because I have sight problems at night. Got all LED. Even new back taillights with built in LEDs and a LED backup light so I can finally see.

Anyway I got a couple problems.

1)The one described above - frozen Driver side indicator/mirror and the actual front and back left light signals do not work when it's doing this - while headlights on.

2) Front Driver side blinker doesn't work... it doesn't light up. The right passenger side does.Both are new LED light. All lights on the truck are brand new LEDS.

3) The passenger side indicator that does work blinks really, really fast. I did find that I probably need to change the emergency lights/turn signal box under the dash below the steering wheel to an LED one like "Hazard Warning LED Flasher Relay for GM Turn Signal Flasher" I found on Amazon that says works with my truck. Would this fix other issues maybe?

I checked the blinker bulb connection up front and the fuse in the side fuse box on the drivers side. It's a 25 fuse. I went ahead and replaced it.

Please help. Suggestions?

Thank you very much Pat

Did all of your issues start after installing the LEDs? Some brands of LED bulbs can be plugged in backwards, causing such issues. It's worth a quick check.

OP
OP
patokelley

patokelley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The blinker issues did yes. Thank you so much for that tip.i will try that before I buy this which I saw online that often needs to be replaced after upgrading to LED bulbs - the $50 LED Hazard Warning LED Flasher Relay for GM Turn Signal Flasher https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082V2FNG...abc_X9JFV9DA5FC6VA681TXP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I will try your suggestion too thank you. My son installed them. He's an apprentice mechanic in school. Still a lot to learn. He could have got one backwards. Maybe.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The blinker issues did yes. Thank you so much for that tip.i will try that before I buy this which I saw online that often needs to be replaced after upgrading to LED bulbs - the $50 LED Hazard Warning LED Flasher Relay for GM Turn Signal Flasher https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082V2FNG...abc_X9JFV9DA5FC6VA681TXP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I will try your suggestion too thank you. My son installed them. He's an apprentice mechanic in school. Still a lot to learn. He could have got one backwards. Maybe.

LED stands for "Light-Emitting Diode". A diode is an electronic "one-way" valve for electricity. It lets it flow one way, but not the other. If an LED bulb array is installed backwards, it would cut power to not only that bulb but to any other bulb further down the line on that circuit. With a dual-brightness bulb, it could cause all kinds of weird issues. A lot of the aftermarket bulbs can be inserted into the socket in either direction, so it'd be an honest mistake that anyone could make.

The factory flasher works by resistance. A lower resistance, which LEDs have, is why you get the hyperflash. So, even if you get all the bulbs working, they'll still hyperflash. You'll need that electronic flasher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11