So I fortunately/unfortunately did a thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrsteef

Reaction score
So I planned a nice thanksgiving trip/vacation to drive up to New York and visit my mom for the holiday. I prepped the Tahoe, got a roof cargo bag, changed the oil pan gasket, changed the block off plate gasket and oil pickup tube o ring. Replace wipers, replaced bulbs, made sure everything was 1300mi road trip worthy. Made the trip with ease no issues whatsoever. Had a good thanksgiving until I decided to check on the truck.

The weather had turned and got seriously cold. It was 13 degrees one night with also 30mph winds. I realize that the truck is leaking oil. So the next day I run over to the advanced auto parts 2 min away from my mothers house, I grabbed a 5L of 10w30 and some Lucas oil leak stuff. Got back to the house and followed the directions added the Lucas, and topped off the oil.

Took the truck for a ride, drove around pretty much all day. Got the truck back to the house and everything seemed fine, until the next day...

I was greeted with a large oil stain in the driveway. So I said ok what are my options. I bounced around the idea of getting it fixed but at 114,000 miles it seemed like everything was starting to show its problems. Right next to my moms house is a Toyota dealer, I decided to go look at what they had. After being told that all they stock at their dealership was 4wd vehicles I kinda got turned off because that easily added 10k to the price. Also the fact that they wanted 40k for a showroom model 4Runner.

Took a ride to the nearest Chevy dealer. I was looking at a certified preowned Silverado but it was 4wd. So the sales guy tells me he has something certified preowned that’s 2wd. He brings it up front and it’s a 2017 Suburban LT. So I tell him to work on the price and I will come back tomorrow if he can get the price where I want it.

The next day he calls and tells me what he can do and that I should come down to talk about it

So I’m on my way over to the dealer and the oil pressure pegs 80psi and the engine light comes on. I pull over and look under the truck and it’s leaking oil pretty badly. Luckily I was right down the road from the dealer.

I get there he offers me 10.5k for my Tahoe and long story short I left with a 2017 Suburban LT

I really didn’t want such a big truck and new payment but I had little choice in how I was supposed to get my family home safely.

All said and done the truck itself was priced at $26,250

6794357B-F35F-496E-BD5A-4F3BC214B643.jpeg 7583F666-045B-477F-A944-ED01CCB7737A.jpeg 6FF84CF1-1FBA-4427-AAAC-511FC6471EFE.jpeg 6688E251-0A0A-454A-A81A-9CF79F059472.jpeg

Reaction score
Looks nice, how many miles?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mrsteef

Mrsteef

Reaction score
It had 58k and change but since we drove it down it’s just shy of 60k warranty is good till 100k and scheduled maintenance for 3 years 30k plus bumper to bumper.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great restraint on buying a slightly used vehicle. It seems that most people want a brand new car no matter what the cost! I have this one arrogant friend recently tell me that he only buys new because he wants a vehicle that no one has ever farted in the seat....... obviously he has more disposable income than most Haha.
I just bought a 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid that had an MSRP of over 54k when new for less than 7k I really do not care how many farts have been let in the seat LMFAO and if I was concerned i would simply buy a new seat for a lot less than the 47k saved.
Times are Hard and Money is Tight! Besides with a Hybrid I am doing my part to "Save the World One Electron At A Time" (keep it green)
IMG_6752.jpg
2009 Tahoe Hybrid.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14