Smokeymance's Denali Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Just received the tune from Justin...blower should be going in this weekend!!!!

:):):)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:

Quick question though....why not get the tune after the blower goes on? Would it have mattered?

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
I was going to actually install the blower this weekend as i received it friday and had all weekend to work on it, but i actually drive the car daily so id need a tune to run it...

I didnt want to bug Justin and beg for a tune so i let him do his thing and take his time...

I could have driven my tbird to work all week but with customer meetings, 90+ degree weather here in MI now and no AC, i decided to wait ...

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

BTW...i actually LOLed when i saw the popcorn eating smiley face! haha

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. Looking forward to this for sure :)

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

BTW...i actually LOLed when i saw the popcorn eating smiley face! haha
:D it's a popular TYF smiley

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Install starts today!

ef8625f5.jpg

Had a friend be amazed he can actually fist the blower

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pass me that popcorn!!! :popcorn:

nice watch by the way. I like it :waytogo:

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
pass me that popcorn!!! :popcorn:

nice watch by the way. I like it :waytogo:

HAHA, ill tell my friend that...

So last nights progress...started at about 5:30-6pm, after letting the car cool down for about 30 min...90 degrees outside didnt help on working under that hot hood....

Intake off
feae6596.jpg

Some part removals...lowered truck made things a lil easier to remove but still not as easy as on a smaller car...
740cbff2.jpg

Buhh Bye L92 Intake
b7aa0cb2.jpg

Hello TVS2300
20f1c611.jpg

Angle Shot
20515d55.jpg

All we got left to do today is install the front heat exchanger and pump and actually run the wires from the fuse panel to the pump....load the tune from justin on the EFI live and tune it....

Only issues we had was loosing a injector adaptor which ended up falling air filter box hole and ending up on a corner at the bottom of the bumper...grrr

Had to put a few spacers on the coil pack brackets to lift them up a tad to clear the fuel rail connector on the drivers side...

Also found out that i cannot use my Banks Power intake with the maggy...it locates the MAF too close to the intake tube so i had to use the stock air box... :-(

If anyone wants a complete Banks Power Intake for a 6.2L let me know...have one with less than 300 miles on it...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that is sexy! So there aren't any other mods you need to do internally to the motor or tranny to support the added power? I'll be interested to read about how much more giddy up this thing gives you :)

OP
OP
Smokymance

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
A good tune is very essential to get the proper air/fuel ratio...thats all i can tell you on that department...

As far as stock drivetrain, i have to be careful with my WOT from a dead stop and hot rodding it like a stock vehicle...stock motor mounts, transfer case, front and rear difs wont last too long that way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59