Smokeymance's Denali Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, as i am looking for a new Yukon and need help from you guys searching the perfect one...

here is one of the trucks i have been looking at...please let me know your thoughts...and what else i should look for when i go look at it again

its a 2007, build date of 11/06, denali with 81k miles

drove awesome...no issues at all....but what bothered me how rusty under the hood was....carfax is clean, and everything checks out....iv had cars with over 150k on them with less rust...please let me know your thoughts...

IMAG0060-2.gif

IMAG0041-1.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

Is this worth going after or should i move on??

Thanks again, and looking forward to owning one soon!!!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, as i am looking for a new Yukon and need help from you guys searching the perfect one...

here is one of the trucks i have been looking at...please let me know your thoughts...and what else i should look for when i go look at it again

its a 2007, build date of 11/06, denali with 81k miles

drove awesome...no issues at all....but what bothered me how rusty under the hood was....carfax is clean, and everything checks out....iv had cars with over 150k on them with less rust...please let me know your thoughts...

Is this worth going after or should i move on??

Thanks again, and looking forward to owning one soon!!!

WHERE are you/is this truck located at?

I myself would move on, as I do believe there is way too much rust under the hood and there are plenty of deals on Yukons out there.

And of course your statement "but what bothered me" indicates to me that you will not be happy in the long run, as it will ALWAYS bother you.

GOOD LUCK with your search and keep us posted.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum Lee!!

WHERE are you/is this truck located at?

I myself would move on, as I do believe there is way too much rust under the hood and there are plenty of deals on Yukons out there.

And of course your statement "but what bothered me" indicates to me that you will not be happy in the long run, as it will ALWAYS bother you.

GOOD LUCK with your search and keep us posted.

+1 - I agree. It does look nice from the outside, but under the hood...... As Jochen stated, there are plenty of deals to be had on these vehicles. I would keep looking. :shrug: Good Luck!!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Lee.

That does look like too much oxidation under the hood.

A lot of folks here have 07s and most are thrilled with them ... but if you can find an 08 in your price range you will avoid all the inevitable (usually small) issues characteristic of first model years.

Cheers!

gnarpow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I hate to say it but that looks pretty normal for these trucks if you are in the salt belt. Both of my trucks (from MN) have had similar surface rust on parts of the engine. Nothing that ever caused a problem for me though. Doesn't look pretty but still runs perfect.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd move on. Something is off there. I've got an 07 with quite a few more miles than that and doesn't have that kinda rust issue!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I hate to say it but that looks pretty normal for these trucks if you are in the salt belt. Both of my trucks (from MN) have had similar surface rust on parts of the engine. Nothing that ever caused a problem for me though. Doesn't look pretty but still runs perfect.

I think this is the best answer. That's got to be from being near the ocean, or where they salt heavily in the winter, etc. And I'd bet it's all just surface oxidation.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off welcome. If that truck was ever exposed to salty roads then that would pretty much be "normal" for it. I have a buddy that used to live in colorado and his 09 silverado looked just like that under the hood. But still drove strong nothing to worry about. Its all cosmetic.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the truck looks fine. Those look like the results of weather conditions. However, For a piece of mind, go with your gut!