Size Tires on A Stock 2004 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gabe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i wanna put some 22's on my stock Tahoe but i wanted to know the biggest tire size i could put on them with out rubbing i was hoping to put 305/40R22 on but i'm not sure of the rubbing issue... any one have these? or know what i could do?

thanks

Gabe

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
i have 305-40-22 on my yukon and i dont ever rub im pretty sure you can go up to a 45 series even without rubbing my avatar shows the pic of my truck pretty well so you can get the idea

OP
OP
G

Gabe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah its still stock i eventually wanna do a 2 in drop in the back to level it out or possibly a 2in in the front and 3in in the back... i just don't them to rub

Thanks for your help

Gabe

Hey 01yukonSLT... do you like your tires? what kind do you have?

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also running 305/40/22 with no rub at stock height. I don't know what a drop will do but I think if they can roll around on 24's dropped it would not be an issue

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
tires are nexen radion i think? they really arent that bad for one of the cheaper tires i have always had luck with nexen tires i actually got the wheels with tires for 460 so i cant complain and the tires dont have much road noise at all and i like the tread design.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanna put some 22's on my stock Tahoe but i wanted to know the biggest tire size i could put on them with out rubbing i was hoping to put 305/40R22 on but i'm not sure of the rubbing issue... any one have these? or know what i could do?

thanks

Gabe

Gabe, if unlowered 305/45/22 would fit, and that is a 1" oversize tire (32"). It will only kiss the liner at full lock and one one side.

305/40/22 is the correct OD to match the oem setup.

sully

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
305 40 22's are what you want for stock or mild drop. Make sure you get the right offset when you purchase your wheels, you don't want it to rub because the wheel is positioned incorrectly due to a bad offset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16