Show off your 2015+ leveled Tahoes and Yukons!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msuforeman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 224214
2”/0.75” & 265/70-18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W (32.6”)

Level was obtained with a 2” Rough Country (billet aluminum version) w/Daystar 3/4” rear coil-spacer (KG09103BK).

I went with this tire size over a few others to run a standard load tire - keeping the weight down - and factory width maintains zero rubbing. At some point I’ll get around to trimming the front lip.

How much rougher does it ride? I'd like to do the same to my wife's 4x4 SLT but don't want the ride rough. Hers in on 22s if that makes a difference.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
How much rougher does it ride? I'd like to do the same to my wife's 4x4 SLT but don't want the ride rough. Hers in on 22s if that makes a difference.

I drove the truck around on stock tires and the front level for about a week or two and didn’t notice any ride difference. Rear coil spacer made the ride a little harsher I thought (longer shocks might recover that). It’s not so much the level that impacted the ride quality so much as the tires and I went with a standard-load tire over E-rated in an attempt to preserve ride quality and fuel economy.

I expect that your ride will be based almost solely on your wheel/tire choice. In retrospect I could have achieved a similar look by adding only a 1.5” spacer in the front. I really only raised the rear to account for being loaded down with passengers and cargo.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for those that leveled (or even lifted)--How is the ride quality after compared to before? Is it stiffer or about the same? Is it better or worse?

Seems the spring would have more preload, and less downward travel, which would result in a stiffer ride.

I also realize this is taste dependent, and tire dependent, and air pressure dependent. I am looking for trends--like, "it's great!" or "it rattled my fillings out!" I put in a lot of miles, and like a "firm ride", but I don't need a buckboard!

Probably the biggest question, would you do all over, the same way, again?

Thanks!

1.5" level up front on mine. I didn't notice a ride difference, same as stock. I didn't want mine to ever be higher in the front than the back so I stayed at 1.5" and it's been great.

When the shocks need to be replaced I will probably go with adjustable ones up front to get the same level instead of using the spacers.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.5" level up front on mine. I didn't notice a ride difference, same as stock. I didn't want mine to ever be higher in the front than the back so I stayed at 1.5" and it's been great.

When the shocks need to be replaced I will probably go with adjustable ones up front to get the same level instead of using the spacers.

Same here. Didnt notice any difference in ride quality after I installed the 1.5” kit for her.

However, she now has 75k miles on her rig and the front is really starting to ride like shit all of a sudden. Odd characteristics, like a bit “wollowy” and harsh. Seems to be the passenger side for the most part.

I have to check into what my options are.

bamachem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here. Didnt notice any difference in ride quality after I installed the 1.5” kit for her.

However, she now has 75k miles on her rig and the front is really starting to ride like shit all of a sudden. Odd characteristics, like a bit “wollowy” and harsh. Seems to be the passenger side for the most part.

I have to check into what my options are.

88k here and same feeling. Found the driver side front shock is leaking. Got an AC Delco OEM replacement on eBay for $330 and will be installing it tomorrow. Not sure yet if I want to ditch the Magneride so for now decided to just do 1 assuming it would have residual used value if I swap it over in the near future.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what 1.5" kit are yall using that doesnt change ride? Is it on top or bottom of strut? You have to allign? Thanks...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what 1.5" kit are yall using that doesnt change ride? Is it on top or bottom of strut? You have to allign? Thanks...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I went with the suspension max setup on my wifes denali. Small spacer that goes under the lower mounting points of the coilover. Stock size nitto g2’s on factory 22” wheels.

Yea, definitely need and alignment when done. Cant remember what was off the most... think it was the tow.

223C4BB1-2F0B-49BE-80EC-FF266E54AE04.jpeg

611906B9-C3F3-4F29-A346-9E820520D997.jpeg

bamachem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Front level made absolutely no difference in ride quality. However, adding a small rear coil spacer made the ride a little harsher - I think that has more to do with the shock than the spring, but just as guess. Tires made the ride harsher still. ....

I ran mine with a 2.5 inch front level kit in 1 inch rear spacer for about a year. The rear was definitely more harsh with a spacer than without. Today I installed some 1 inch rear shock relocation brackets and OMG, the Denali ride is back!

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
I ran mine with a 2.5 inch front level kit in 1 inch rear spacer for about a year. The rear was definitely more harsh with a spacer than without. Today I installed some 1 inch rear shock relocation brackets and OMG, the Denali ride is back!

Where did you get the brackets? I may want to do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24