Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Certified vehicles can be a joke. Who certifies a vehicle? The same people that are selling it. That is like looking at a vehicle to buy and wanting to have it checked out by a tech before you buy and the seller, dealership, says no worries, we will inspect for you here.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just listened to the video and I kind of agree with a couple of the guys in the other thread that it could be the exhaust flap doing it's thing. If it's something internal, I'd imagine it would be doing it at least somewhat continuously, not just a quick knock and then be gone until the next time you hit the gas.

However, I also wouldn't pay anything before it's fixed. Not even a refundable deposit. Not sure where you are and whether you need one immediately or not, but there's another one without any issues around the corner somewhere. Just need to be patient.

OP
OP
jimr5454

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time...
Any ideas of the sound origins..
I'm going to tell them I want to wait till it is repaired but have to trust them to do it properly and trying to get the best idea of what it is so I at least have some clue of what to expect.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like it happens right at tip in before the engine even revs. I still do not think its lifter related as its not continuous or constant. Im curious as to what they find.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Certified vehicles can be a joke. Who certifies a vehicle? The same people that are selling it. That is like looking at a vehicle to buy and wanting to have it checked out by a tech before you buy and the seller, dealership, says no worries, we will inspect for you here.
When I was buying my 16, part of the deal that was offered was to certify it. Turns out, the tires were below acceptable tread depth, so they put new tires all around. Winning!

OP
OP
jimr5454

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like it happens right at tip in before the engine even revs. I still do not think its lifter related as its not continuous or constant. Im curious as to what they find.

Thanks for responding...I appreciate you taking the time

Me to .I'm just confused about should I buy it today believing it'll be covered under powertrain warranty next week or chance someone else maybe willing to make that deal?
Uhgggg .if I knew what it was for fairly certain I could take the jump but the uncertainty is the yeeks part..

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern would be the dealer half-assing the repair. I’d want it looked at again after it’s fixed. At least that’s why I would do.

OP
OP
jimr5454

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that same thought but if its under warranty and gm is paying them to repair it wouldn't they want to do it correctly??..I think thats how it works..?

OP
OP
jimr5454

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership is now telling me its nock from low octaine fuel being used .is that even possible with the sound only occurring when I push the gass peddle quickly and only for that ignition sound?
Any thoughts.
They say they took old fuel out and are running high octaine now to "clean it out " and see if the sound disapears...

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you are running the lowest octane, to save money, that may well be the case. I use the mid grade all the time with no problems. What octane does the owner's manual say to use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier