Should I buy a 2021 Yukon AT4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TNYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My new Denali will be "born" the week of July 5 in Pearl Beige Metallic. I have a 2018 Yukon in Summit White and LOVE the color. This is my fifth Yukon and I usually switch between silver and white. For the 2021 model year, there was not a silver like previous model years, so I chose the Pearl Beige Metallic. I do like the Satin Steel Metallic.

If your Yukon will be produced the first week of July, the order has to have been entered weeks ago. Does this mean your dealer has a Summit White and a Satin Steel on order for you to choose from?
Correct, order accepted, AT4 both in Satin and Summit. However, neither have the adaptive air ride, I don’t know if that is a deal breaker or not. There are literally none around me to test drive with either one. Hoping someone can tell me to wait and build one with it or not worth it if I’m not towing a lot

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a 3rd vehicle all my adult life. Old, paid for long ago, and minimal expense to keep around. Saved my butt innumerable times, not to mention the convenience of not worrying if the dealer has a loaner etc, or if a child needs to borrow. Will ALWAYS have one....
I appreciate that but I've never felt the need to keep a spare vehicle to replace a new one that is undependable - until now. Days past dealers had loaners, salesmen would take care of their customers and buying a new car was practically trouble free. Today my salesman has retired and the dealership looks like a parking lot after midnight. It blows my mind that individuals are standing in line for the experience. It's a new day indeed.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I only owned vehicles like my wife’s Jag or previous Acura’s I’ve had There wouldn’t be a need. They always had loaners. But with run of the mill domestics, loaners are about 30% of the time at best. Plus I drive my old pickup any place that I really don’t want my other vehicles at with no worries.

Last edited:

Dez78n

Reaction score
My new Denali will be "born" the week of July 5 in Pearl Beige Metallic. I have a 2018 Yukon in Summit White and LOVE the color. This is my fifth Yukon and I usually switch between silver and white. For the 2021 model year, there was not a silver like previous model years, so I chose the Pearl Beige Metallic. I do like the Satin Steel Metallic.

If your Yukon will be produced the first week of July, the order has to have been entered weeks ago. Does this mean your dealer has a Summit White and a Satin Steel on order for you to choose from?
May I ask when you ordered yours and if you added anything extra? I ordered the same color June 5th with the premium package and it hasn't been accepted by GM yet.

OP
OP
T

TNYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So just went to order mine and… there were constraints on EVERYTHING. Literally. Nothing could be added. No power steps, no HUD, no surround vision, no air suspension, no bucket rear seats, no illumination package, no weather mats, nothing. Said the last order date for the 21’s is July 28th with not much of anything able to added. I think they are saving it for the 22’s. Second week of Aug, 22 production begins with est. delivery of 9/1-9/8. Rumored to get SuperCruise. Anyway put my deposit down on a 22’ AT4. Hopefully it’ll get the 6.2 too.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: Would you rather have a low optioned Denali or semi premium AT4? I'm stuck between these two, as both MSRPs are only 1200 apart. Neither has the air suspension. However, the AT4 does have the premium package with powered running boards, rear media, pano roof. Denali only has the pano roof and of course the 6.2L!... Decisions decisions..

OP
OP
T

TNYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question: Would you rather have a low optioned Denali or semi premium AT4? I'm stuck between these two, as both MSRPs are only 1200 apart. Neither has the air suspension. However, the AT4 does have the premium package with powered running boards, rear media, pano roof. Denali only has the pano roof and of course the 6.2L!... Decisions decisions..
AT4 100%

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? Is it the look or something? I ask because I'm really torn. The Denali has the same 4wd system as this AT4. Even has the down hill assist. Basically, I would be giving up the tow hooks and Skid plates. Oh and the better approach angle in the front. Denali also has the 14 speaker BOSE.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TNYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why? Is it the look or something? I ask because I'm really torn. The Denali has the same 4wd system as this AT4. Even has the down hill assist. Basically, I would be giving up the tow hooks and Skid plates. Oh and the better approach angle in the front. Denali also has the 14 speaker BOSE.
Really just personal preference. Looks mainly inside and out.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention with the Denali you can get a Duramax. That should be enough to sway you toward it. As the full extent of this lifter issue keeps unveiling There would have to be some pretty stiff assurances that that issue was solved before I would take delivery of any new V8 vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972