Should I buy a 2021 Yukon AT4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at pulling the trigger on a 2021 AT4 due to be produced first week of July. I had a couple of questions and thought this would be the best place to ask them.

1) should I buy this one with everything except Adaptive Air Ride or build one and wait? Is Adaptive Air Ride worth it if you rarely tow?

2) Satin Steele or Summit White? I know personal preference but just wanting opinions

3) should I buy this car at all or wait for the 2022? 2022 is just around the corner in car years. I’m not in a huge rush

4) Should I be worried about the lifter issue? Is it as big as I’ve heard or just a few that are vocal about the problem?

5) Anything else I should be aware of? Make sure I have or do without?

thanks all in advance. I’m currently a Tundra owner and love the forum there so thought this could be a great resource before killing the 76k trigger for the new family car.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 21’ premier summit white, we love it. Never driven air ride so I can’t help you there, I would say this car rides very nice tho with MRC. I’ve had black and silver and this is the first white and I like it, washes very easy, I do like satin steel also. If you can get it now I would, won’t be anything different with the 22’s.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a white jag and a satin steel Yukon. Both are sharp but the white is more work. Looks dirtier sooner than the gray, shows tar and etc on the sides. Mud flaps are a must. Just depends on how **** you are about keeping them clean. I'd be pretty dang sure of this lifter issue being past before I'd take any V8.

OP
OP
T

TNYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 21’ premier summit white, we love it. Never driven air ride so I can’t help you there, I would say this car rides very nice tho with MRC. I’ve had black and silver and this is the first white and I like it, washes very easy, I do like satin steel also. If you can get it now I would, won’t be anything different with the 22’s.
Thank you! My only thinking is they may have fixed the issue with the lifter. But also heard that effected a certain models in a certain timeframe. It’s so frustrating they won’t release more info on it when it’s such a major failure of engine components

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a white jag and a satin steel Yukon. Both are sharp but the white is more work. Looks dirtier sooner than the gray, shows tar and etc on the sides. Mud flaps are a must. Just depends on how **** you are about keeping them clean. I'd be pretty dang sure of this lifter issue being past before I'd take any V8.
I would agree when I had silver was the easiest to clean of any color and I think satin steel would be very similar also.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've anticipated the new platform for over two years and I'm still waiting. It's not just the GMs but all of the new vehicles are full of questionable mandated technology that is mostly unproven for the long haul.

The only safe strategy is to have a backup automobile just in case it sits in the repair bay waiting for an unobtainable part plus trade it before the warranty expires and take the financial hit. But that's just me, some are more adventurous with $80,000.

Here's my screen saver for the meantime.

Attachments

• image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! My only thinking is they may have fixed the issue with the lifter. But also heard that effected a certain models in a certain timeframe. It’s so frustrating they won’t release more info on it when it’s such a major failure of engine components
Someone on here posted it was models produced February-April. We picked up ours the end of may, got it right off the train. I looked for a date(not very hard yet) and couldn’t find one. I assume mine was made in early May, so hopefully we are ok. Only have 1,000 miles on it so far...

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've anticipated the new platform for over two years and I'm still waiting. It's not just the GMs but all of the new vehicles are full of questionable mandated technology that is mostly unproven for the long haul.

The only safe strategy is to have a backup automobile just in case it sits in the repair bay waiting for an unobtainable part plus trade it before the warranty expires and take the financial hit. But that's just me, some are more adventurous with $80,000.

Here's my screen saver for the meantime.
I've had a 3rd vehicle all my adult life. Old, paid for long ago, and minimal expense to keep around. Saved my butt innumerable times, not to mention the convenience of not worrying if the dealer has a loaner etc, or if a child needs to borrow. Will ALWAYS have one....

ruise

Reaction score
My new Denali will be "born" the week of July 5 in Pearl Beige Metallic. I have a 2018 Yukon in Summit White and LOVE the color. This is my fifth Yukon and I usually switch between silver and white. For the 2021 model year, there was not a silver like previous model years, so I chose the Pearl Beige Metallic. I do like the Satin Steel Metallic.

If your Yukon will be produced the first week of July, the order has to have been entered weeks ago. Does this mean your dealer has a Summit White and a Satin Steel on order for you to choose from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons