Should I be hesitant to buy a 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should you be hesitant? Absolutely! Should you buy one? Eh, who knows. I was screwed by a 2023 XL Ultimate with a 6.2, but it was really the 6.2. Now I have a '24 Ultimate XL Duramax and so far so good. Going forward, I'm probably dumping any further GM trucks before 36,000 miles. As quality deteriorates and owners' access to electronic diag tools becomes more limited, GM is basically manufacturing throwaway cars. It's becoming the Wish version of itself right before our eyes.

It really is sad. I’ve been a GM fan since I started driving but that might be over with. I don’t buy new cars because they’re a horrible investment but I don’t think GM has made anything from 2015 on that I’d be willing to buy at 10 years old, maybe not even 5 years old. The paint is falling off of everything, the engines don’t last, the transmissions shift terrible, the leather feels incredibly cheap, everything creaks, rattles, moves, or wiggles when you touch it. You bump a shopping cart and damage $5k worth of parts. They start discontinuing all the parts at 5 years old now. At least sell the parts since they break all the time. I honestly don’t know what I’ll buy after what I have is no longer viable because I feel like there is no option but to get fleeced with these newer vehicles. They’re making it easier and easier for me to buy German again though.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at a Yukon Denali Ultimate and have been able to negotiate what I think is a favorable deal should I decide to move forward with it. Is the overall consensus that this is a solid vehicle? I know these forums are made for people to come in and post problems but I'm just curious if people feel the 2023 Ultimate is a good buy. I love the vehicle and all the features but I guess I'm a little hesitant seeing some of the nightmare stories in here. For reference, its a 2023 with about $11,000 miles on it. Thanks!!
Just VERIFY it has Apple CarPlay. Some GM vehicles do not. They can be difficult to resell without Carplay. I would not hesitate. Any vehicle with a normally aspirated V8 engine that is not a hybrid is in very high demand. Get one while you can.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford it and want it bad enough, get it. IMO, all of them are way over priced and the best bang for the buck is an older GMT800 and find the low mileage rust free one you want and then use some of that money and make it yours. Then have a huge party with all the left over money, because there will be lots of it.
I seriously doubt he is going to go from a 2021 to a vehicle 15-20 years older......

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood the "extras" on the higher end trims are nice, and if you have the disposable income laying around, go ahead. You probably drive yours more than most on here...I'd just go back with another Z71 or AT4 in a color that isn't everywhere (or wrap the new one) to make it stand out from the crowd.

there's the opinion of waiting until the 25s come out, but I'd rather pick up a new 24 mid summer and by the time you get ready to trade it, it won't be as bad on the trade value with the higher miles than if you bought during the first run of the 25s.

example...we have a 2023 Z71 with 60k, bought in Sept 2022. Wish we'd been able to find a 2022 back then because the book value is easier on a 3yr old vehicle with 25k/year than a 2 yr old vehicle with 35-40k/yr...that is how we used to be able to buy pre-covid, pick up last year's model, drive for two years, and then trade out of it

2021 with 90k...unless you're paying mostly cash, i'd think the rates on anything used would be a tough comparison against new rates

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy new and keep 6-7 years. I see how they are acting after my extended warranty gives out. If they are trouble free, they hang around a little longer. If they got problems, they are gone. Not going to have to many more cars in my lifetime, so getting a new one here or there is one of my last pleasures....

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Why would you buy new and only drive it 2 years before trading? That seems like a massive waste of money even if you have money.
I buy new and keep 6-7 years. I see how they are acting after my extended warranty gives out. If they are trouble free, they hang around a little longer. If they got problems, they are gone. Not going to have to many more cars in my lifetime, so getting a new one here or there is one of my last pleasures....
I hate making monthly payments or a large outlay of cash if buy outright. IMO, it is more fun buying older, in great no rust condition, and doing the work myself and doing it my way or paying to have it done. Way less money. I want my social security and retirement savings to stretch out. I work on the side to supplement and because it is fun for me and keeps me active AND, I only work on what I want and on my schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigchad1

Latest posts