Should I be hesitant to buy a 2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you buy new and only drive it 2 years before trading? That seems like a massive waste of money even if you have money.

because we drive a lot, not crazy about buying something with 50K miles and then going to 130k...even pre-covid the 1-2 yr old vehicles with low mileage weren't selling at any great savings over buying a new vehicle at +20% off, and sometimes, like now, it was even the same money for used vs new. could make the argument that buying used now only makes sense in rare instances - not talking about an 8yr old something...new vs a couple years old.

also not against driving an extra hour or two to save thousands on a new one. sure we'd all like to help the local dealer out, but not at a cost of $4k.

there has to be a mileage threshold at some point. some people put 10k/yr on their vehicle while others put 50k-60k. we've been at 40k/yr for the past 5-6yrs on the "family vehicle" (yukon or tahoe). 85k+ per year across three vehicles.

kept one tahoe until 225k and another to 120k and ended up with two monthly payments both times (note and repairs). would rather have the monthly payment that brings a peace of mind from a reliability standpoint. through the years we've been able to transfer equity so we don't have the crazy high payments either

just my perspective - flawed as it may be

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha spot on. Sales rep texted me yesterday morning and this is our exchange:

Sales rep: "I'm going to get this done for you, will you still buy if I can get the tires swapped?"

Me: "Sure, but this is the last time I'm going back and forth with you."

Sales Rep about an hour later: "The manager says he doesn't want to do it, but he'll knock $700 off the vehicle! That's unheard of as he never does that, let's get this done!"

Me: "Lol, seriously? That's what you came back with? That's the cost of 1 of those tires."

Sales rep: "Let me see if I can get anything else done."

Me: "Honestly don't bother. I shouldn't even be negotiating with you with what you pulled. Let's just move on. Have a great weekend!"

Sales rep: "My manager has agreed to throw in another $100, that's $800 off! Come down today and let's do this!"

Me: "Have a nice weekend"

Crickets afterwards from him, which is fine. I should have not even engaged with him after what happened the first time. In the end, they could have just avoided this whole thing if they would have told me no in the beginning. I most likely would have just let the tires go and bought the vehicle. The fact they bait and switched me after driving almost 2 hours back down there really ticked me off and made me dig in on the tires even more.

I'm going to look at a different one today and we'll see what happens. I'll ask about the tires and see what they say. I'm not married to them, but I can at least ask and if they say no they say no.
You did the right thing!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm loving my '23 Denali. Sure, there are some things about it I'd change, and I'm aware of the 6.2 problems. But a buddy just had his full-size Audi SUV black out and shut down on him mid drive (and he still doesn't have it back after 3 weeks), so I know that it's not only GMs that have problems. I, too, purchased a full warranty on my vehicle, so if it develops problems, I expect to have them remedied. In the meantime, I cross my fingers, and love looking at and driving this thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwill205

Latest posts