Service Hybrid System 2009 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Istvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Guys

I have a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid. The service hybrid system came up a while ago, but no Check Engine Light. Scanned it, and it came up with internal fault in the Serial Data Gateway module. Changed the Serial Data Gateway module, and know it comes up with High Voltage Impact Detection Sensor 2 and 3 fault, but no airbaglights. Unplugged the sensor’s, looked good, the airbag lights came on. Plugged the sensors back, no airbag lights, but the Service Hybrid System message, and the fault code still there.
Fault code is:
B0083-39
B0084-39
My main problem is, that I live in Europe, so no GM services unfortunately. Anybody any idea? I would really appreciate some help. Thanks a lot.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those have to do with the air bag sensors the ones under the plastic skid plate 2x most likely faulty?

i'd replace both of em

B0083-39 left Front Impact Sensor Internal Electronic Failure
B0084 39 Right Front Impact Sensor Internal Electronic Failure

check the harness for damage DISCONNECT THE BATTERY or you risk setting off the air bags wait 15min to drain any capacitance current still in the system you can check the cables for any capacitance with a muti meter

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Istvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
those have to do with the air bag sensors the ones under the plastic skid plate 2x most likely faulty?

i'd replace both of em

B0083-39 left Front Impact Sensor Internal Electronic Failure
B0084 39 Right Front Impact Sensor Internal Electronic Failure

check the harness for damage DISCONNECT THE BATTERY or you risk setting off the air bags wait 15min to drain any capacitance current still in the system you can check the cables for any capacitance with a muti meter
Thanks you for your reply.
Sorry but the exact code is:
B008A-39
B008B-39
High Voltage Crash Impact Detection Sensor 2
High Voltage Crash Impact Detection Sensor 3

Is that telling you anything? I have not programmed the new Serial Data Gateway Module, just plugged it in.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks you for your reply.
Sorry but the exact code is:
B008A-39
B008B-39
High Voltage Crash Impact Detection Sensor 2
High Voltage Crash Impact Detection Sensor 3

Is that telling you anything? I have not programmed the new Serial Data Gateway Module, just plugged it in.

ahh those codes show totally different. but my software doesn't have the dash - 39 at the end so don't know about that.

sounds like you need to program that module? no clue how you do that outside the country.

Attachments

• PXL_20230216_133802264.jpg
    PXL_20230216_133802264.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230216_133814135.jpg
    PXL_20230216_133814135.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230216_133827056.jpg
    PXL_20230216_133827056.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
I

Istvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I thought, I need to program the SDG somehow, then the Sevice Hybrid System message will disappear. Thanks a lot for your time and help. Really appreciate it. Thank a lot.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I thought, I need to program the SDG somehow, then the Sevice Hybrid System message will disappear. Thanks a lot for your time and help. Really appreciate it. Thank a lot.
Might have to get it done at GM dealership over there. Or somehow have TDS think you are in the states. Need MDI with laptop to program and subscription to ACDelco TDS for programming.

OP
OP
I

Istvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately no Gm dealership, to be exact, there is, but not like over there. Only European models, which is Opel-Vauxhall…
I might be able to find someone, who is able to program it, but that’s the hard part. It’s the same shit always, a had an 89 IROC-Z, and a 96 Fleetwood, but it was hard to find someone, who really knows these type of cars and has the proper tools… But I simply love these cars, so always will have one, even if they give me a headache sometimes

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no Gm dealership, to be exact, there is, but not like over there. Only European models, which is Opel-Vauxhall…
I might be able to find someone, who is able to program it, but that’s the hard part. It’s the same shit always, a had an 89 IROC-Z, and a 96 Fleetwood, but it was hard to find someone, who really knows these type of cars and has the proper tools… But I simply love these cars, so always will have one, even if they give me a headache sometimes

how do you end up with them over there? I've always had a soft spot for the old 3rd gens. I saw a pic of one one time from a city in Italy I believe it was. always wondered how they end up there and thru the hard licensing and registration

OP
OP
I

Istvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, there is always a few dealers, who able to ship them over, or a few people who brave enough… Registration is hard and not always straightforward, but obviously we taking the risks, because we love these cars. I lived in the UK for about 7 years I bought the Cadillac and the Iroc-z in there, then moved home to Hungary. I sold both cars, then bought this big boy. It’s hard to live with them, because there is no European specs of these cars, there is a vehicle inspection every two years by law, except 30 years old cars or above. So legally these cars as you see them on the roads are not legal in Hungary, need to change the lights and some other things, depending on what car is it.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very interesting. I've got friends that love all the Japanese cars and always want to bring them to the US. I guess they need to be over 25 years old and some of the cool ones are just getting to those years. so prices have gone up a lot.

luckily it seems to be a fault that it will still run and drive with. swath diver above understand flashing the modules yourself at home, I've never done it and it seems it might be limited by country. I wonder if that's something a good VPN could make work.

these trucks are so rare over here these days, normally what has happened is a fairly minor failure, owner takes it to a gm dealer. dealer mechanic has never seen them before, doesn't want to work on it. runs up a bill doing some basic diagnostics. tell them they either can't fix it, or it will cost more than the truck is worth. so owner takes the loss and dumps it by trading it in for something new.

it's a shame really. when they work, they work well and seem to go 300k miles. so while you have zero support, we don't have great support over here either. these forums are these trucks best hope of staying running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC