Selling my 2008 Tahoe LTZ... What's it worth in a private party sale? Input needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest AutoTrader, too. I'm not sure it's as widely used as CL and eBay these days, though.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I would never buy a vehicle off eBay or Craigslist unless it was local.

I bought my 2001 Tahoe Z71 from eBay but it was a dealership in San Antonio, TX. Very legit :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

AutoTrader. Thats where I do most of my car shopping!

Thanks Chris. Going to post there now!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bought a couple rides off eBay but I went down to look at it first before handing over any money. You take the risk of someone hitting that "buy it now" button prior to you getting there to see it but that's part of it. I like road trips, though, so driving for something like that doesn't bother me.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cargurus.com and CL were free to list. eBay original listing is free (until you sell it then it is 125$ according to Chris). Autotrader... cheapest is $20... pretty lame autotrader... pretty lame!!!

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bought a couple rides off eBay but I went down to look at it first before handing over any money. You take the risk of someone hitting that "buy it now" button prior to you getting there to see it but that's part of it. I like road trips, though, so driving for something like that doesn't bother me.

I hear ya. I enjoy roadtrips too, but idk, I just like the comfort of AutoTrader I guess, and the search ability of their listings is lightyears ahead of craigslist and eBay IMO

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will give you that. Searching CL can be cumbersome at times and you can miss some nice rides if people don't know how to structure their ad properly to hit different search criteria.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um yea this thread got a little de-railed hahaha.

On topic-- Car is on eBay, CL, and as of now... cargurus.com

Anyone know anywhere else I should post?

Thanks for all the help everyone :Handshake:

Cars.com----------------------- pretty reasonable and you can have a nice ad ;)

jdskycaster

Reaction score
I have had prior success with carsoup. Sold my Avalanche on there fairly quick and got a fair price for it as well. Buyer new what he was looking for and did not mess around. I have also had luck on CL as I just sold the wifes ride last month in two days but that was only an $11K vehicle.

Good luck with your sale, move, job and new family member. Not sure how you have time to sell a vehicle with all of that going on.

JD

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim! Hmmm, i've never heard of carsoup i'm going to check that out now.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

I have had prior success with carsoup. Sold my Avalanche on there fairly quick and got a fair price for it as well. Buyer new what he was looking for and did not mess around. I have also had luck on CL as I just sold the wifes ride last month in two days but that was only an $11K vehicle.

Good luck with your sale, move, job and new family member. Not sure how you have time to sell a vehicle with all of that going on.

JD

Signing up for the 7 day free ad now! :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10