Selling my 2008 Tahoe LTZ... What's it worth in a private party sale? Input needed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never thought i'd do this but after talking to my parents and girlfriend, my Tahoe has to go... I love it so much and if it was 4wd I would keep it but it's not. I'm moving to Colorado and a 2wd car there on 22's is just not going to cut it.

When I get up there, I will have to have buy both my GF and I cars. My gf's ****** (01 expedition) car will stay in LA since it's fully paid off for when she comes back home while i'm on extended jobs. She wants to spend the excess cash (instead of continuing to pay for this Tahoe that sit's in Louisiana while we are both going to be in Colorado) left to buy a new vehicle once we fully move there.

So I never thought i'd make a thread/post like this but... but how much is my car worth? The kelly blue book private party value is $33,300 in mint condition (which my car is in) and cargurus.com's market price on it is $36,319. My mods cost me thousands of dollars which are now worth NOTHING to the average car buyer. I'm looking to find a person on CL that is a car fanatic and is willing to pay a little extra bc he knows what all this stuff is worth. It will at least help me offset the cost of the new vehicles with all the money I put in to this car...

As soon as a few people reply, I will make a local ad and craigslist ad to sell it so I can get the ball rolling on buying the black Denali i've been eyeing for the past month.... Thanks for help in advance guys. I gotta get this done STAT! And if you are interested, PM me or email me at [email protected]

2008 Summit White Tahoe LTZ 5.3L with 42,*** miles.
Carsoup: http://www.carsoup.com/Lafayette-LA...LA/Chevrolet/C1500-Tahoe/2008/13796845/?rdt=1
eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ageName=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123#ht_7790wt_1169
CL: http://lafayette.craigslist.org/cto/2539197088.html

Photobucket album of pics of car:
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n31/felixgun/2008 Tahoe LTZ/

Recent pics. Mods in sig.
latest1.jpg
latest2.jpg
latest3.jpg

stats.gif

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes me sad cause I know how much you love your truck. :(

Anyhoot ... how many miles you got on her?

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i'm sad about it too... I wish it was easier to convert 4wd vehicles. I have 42k on the clock. Edited original post with that info.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well for anyone in the market I can say without hesitation that Felix keeps his truck cleaner and better than anyone I know ... so you'd be buying as sound a vehicle as is possible with at least $4-5k worth of add ons.

As sad as this is I know what truck you're looking at next, so that makes me smile. :)

GLWTS buddy!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say 29k is a very fair price for that. Maybe even list it in the lower 30 range to give yourself "wiggle room" in negotiations :shrug:

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say it has traction control and anti locks, keep it. Roads do get plowed around there, they are very good at it.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Oh yeah...That front end pic is so sweet!

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
felix! say it ain't so!!

:( why not part it out and return it back to stock? you'll get WAY more money that way, man!

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eBay it... its clean and mostly OEM. It'll fetch high dollar being an LTZ.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say it has traction control and anti locks, keep it. Roads do get plowed around there, they are very good at it.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Oh yeah...That front end pic is so sweet!

^^^this

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you thought about keep all the extras for the new denali if thats what you go for next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10