Seeking Advice in Making 1st Tahoe/Yukon Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard for me to recommend because I thoroughly enjoy my 2007 Tahoe. :) However, if you did go older, I would say either a 2005 or 2006. That doesn't mean you can't go older then that, but if you are looking for something with reasonable mileage I would look there. A 2005 will already be almost seven years old.

Just look on any LTZ Tahoe/Suburban and you will see the different grille. I will provide an eBay listing HERE for reference.

Well, I love my 2006!!!!!!

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
It's hard for me to recommend because I thoroughly enjoy my 2007 Tahoe. :) However, if you did go older, I would say either a 2005 or 2006. That doesn't mean you can't go older then that, but if you are looking for something with reasonable mileage I would look there. A 2005 will already be almost seven years old.

Just look on any LTZ Tahoe/Suburban and you will see the different grille. I will provide an eBay listing HERE for reference.

I can see this is going to be a very expensive purchase cause im gonna want to keep upgrading it lmao. I feel kinda stupid looking at accessories without even having enough money to make the MAIN purchase! Ugh, i seriously need more work!

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Some things that haven't been said already. In 2007 there were 2 Tahoe models. The newer Tahoe style was just called Tahoe. The other Tahoes looked just like the 2006 models and were called Tahoe Classic. In 2009 GM switched from a 4 speed transmission to a 6 speed in order to improve fuel economy. I have a 2007 1LT. Last time I went home on vacation I rented a 2010 LT. The difference in fuel economy was about 2-3 mpg better for the 2010. If you want leather but end up finding "the perfect one" in cloth, that's no big deal. The swap is as easy as changing the seat covering material. It's very easy, via undoing j hooks that are concealed by the map pockets, etc, and the seat coverings (notice I'm not saying seat covers) can be purchased through the GM parts department and at least one vendor here. As for pictures of different grilles, and other things you can do to upgrade a lesser trim level I recommend checking out www.gmparts.com and clicking on the accessories link at the top near the right. If you can, I recommend foregoing the 2007 and get a 2008 if you can afford it. If you have to settle for older I recommend getting a 2005 or 2006. Stay clear of the 2004s. For more info on what you're getting into, I recommend checking out www.chevyproblems.com.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

ladylala

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Luck with your purchase, and keep us updated!! Overall, these vehicles are great and, as I have said before, I LOVE my Tahoe. Let us know if you have any other questions!

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Luck with your purchase, and keep us updated!! Overall, these vehicles are great and, as I have said before, I LOVE my Tahoe. Let us know if you have any other questions!

I am not trying to sound mean, but it is common courtesy to provide "quotes" when you use someone else's exact words!

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
I am not trying to sound mean, but it is common courtesy to provide "quotes" when you use someone else's exact words!

lol come on, bots don't have common courtesy! But look at the bottom in her signature, you can watch the adventures of tintin free!

Some things that haven't been said already. In 2007 there were 2 Tahoe models. The newer Tahoe style was just called Tahoe. The other Tahoes looked just like the 2006 models and were called Tahoe Classic. In 2009 GM switched from a 4 speed transmission to a 6 speed in order to improve fuel economy. I have a 2007 1LT. Last time I went home on vacation I rented a 2010 LT. The difference in fuel economy was about 2-3 mpg better for the 2010. If you want leather but end up finding "the perfect one" in cloth, that's no big deal. The swap is as easy as changing the seat covering material. It's very easy, via undoing j hooks that are concealed by the map pockets, etc, and the seat coverings (notice I'm not saying seat covers) can be purchased through the GM parts department and at least one vendor here. As for pictures of different grilles, and other things you can do to upgrade a lesser trim level I recommend checking out www.gmparts.com and clicking on the accessories link at the top near the right. If you can, I recommend foregoing the 2007 and get a 2008 if you can afford it. If you have to settle for older I recommend getting a 2005 or 2006. Stay clear of the 2004s. For more info on what you're getting into, I recommend checking out www.chevyproblems.com.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Well i'll try for an 08', dont knwo if i can afford it though lol. The GMPARTS.COM link you listed didn't work..it gave me an 'under construction' page?

Thanks a ton for the seat info. I might check out youtube to see if anyone did a video on swapping out the coverings.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see this is going to be a very expensive purchase cause im gonna want to keep upgrading it lmao. I feel kinda stupid looking at accessories without even having enough money to make the MAIN purchase! Ugh, i seriously need more work!

:signs8: Yeah, as soon as you get it you will have the "mod bug." :D Unfortunately, it never truly goes away. I am always looking for a new project, but it always seems to come down to money :emotions122: Oh well, that's the fun in it I suppose!! :hands:

lol come on, bots don't have common courtesy! But look at the bottom in her signature, you can watch the adventures of tintin free!

Haha! :) I know, but I mean come on, really? It wouldn't normally bother me, but ladylala has one post, and just copied and pasted what I had already said. :Boo: And, I am so looking forward to watching The Adventures of Tintin...... :word:

Well i'll try for an 08', dont knwo if i can afford it though lol.

If you don't mind me asking - what is your budget like? What is the price range your are considering?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W
Reaction score
:signs8: Yeah, as soon as you get it you will have the "mod bug." :D Unfortunately, it never truly goes away. I am always looking for a new project, but it always seems to come down to money :emotions122: Oh well, that's the fun in it I suppose!! :hands:

If you don't mind me asking - what is your budget like? What is the price range your are considering?

Yeah the 'mod bug' is probably the equivalent of my 'detail' bug...if you saw how much freakin detailing equipment i have you'd understand what i mean lol.

Honestly my budget i was thinking 15k max. But if i can get a loan to carry part of the balance and keep my monthly payment under $250 then that would too be an option. I just HATE going through a dealership, I hate the price gouging and would rather make a purchase from a private seller. What would my loan options be then? Credit union or? As i said this will be my first big vehicle purchase, i've never carried a loan before. I have a good credit history BUT, its short...about 2 years. So i'm not really sure if anything more than 15k is possible or not?

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure for 15k u could get an 07 LS of a private seller. bone stock. but thats the fun about LS u can mod it howeber u want its a DIYfers dream lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
Im sure for 15k u could get an 07 LS of a private seller. bone stock. but thats the fun about LS u can mod it howeber u want its a DIYfers dream lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

lol yup thats all good with me...I just want something with HOPEFULLY under 10k miles per year and after reading the oil sucking issues with the 07'...I'm thinking about avoiding that year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevelle ss

Latest posts