Front Differential Purchase Used

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have success buying a used front diff GU6 off of Car Parts Direct or EBay? I found this one for an Escalade. I assume a GU6 is the same 3.43 for Silverado, Tahoe or Sierra? In other words interchangeable.

Situation: 2009 GMC Sierra 1500. Pulled front diff and after inspection learning it is toast. Complete rebuild about $2,000. I do have plans for bigger tires and lift down the road, so rebuilding with 3.43 gears is a waste. I could pull the front driveline, and re-gear the front 4:10, and do the rear later when I’m ready.

OR: Buy a used front diff GU6 off eBay or somewhere for about $400 just to get me by until I really build a plan for the truck long term.

Any thoughts or experiences with a used front diff? Obviously used means used and there are risks with that path. I’m just going to be daily driving it for awhile anyhow until I save money and plan for some bigger mods.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts