Seat memory mind of its own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had an ‘05 Silverado Z71 extended cab that I bought new that had numbered FOB’s, but I could never get the truck to even acknowledge the different driver. Asked the dealer and he told me that GM just defaulted to all FOBs for a new vehicle being numbered 1 & 2 whether or not the vehicle was set up to do anything with it or not. Traded it in for a used ‘04 crew cab Z71 and had the same thing, numbered FOBs but truck wasn’t set up to anything with them.

When I bought my '04 LT it came with one FOB. I ordered two new ones on fleabay and programmed them to the truck; the first one shows up on the DIC as Driver 1, the other as Driver 2, just as in the order they were programmed. Weird thing is I couldn't get the original #1 FOB that came with it to program. One of these days I'll try that again.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Oof, don't bother lol... nothing but unhappiness there.

Somehow I must be bumping it by accident. Or something unknown is hell-bent on improving my posture.

That could explain a lot. My mother always told me to stop slouching. She is back and her ghost is living in my Tahoe and she knows how to work the lumbar controls on my seat.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
When I bought my '04 LT it came with one FOB. I ordered two new ones on fleabay and programmed them to the truck; the first one shows up on the DIC as Driver 1, the other as Driver 2, just as in the order they were programmed. Weird thing is I couldn't get the original #1 FOB that came with it to program. One of these days I'll try that again.

I'll dig in manual. Maybe it was one of those 05-6 changes?

Munsterlander

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2018 that loses its seat memory all the time, or almost all the time. Very frustrating. I use the #1 remote all the time, and almost the only driver. Drives me crazy. I am going to look for a way to disable the memory, but don't remember seeing that there is a way. I have got the manual out more than a few times and re-programmed seat to make sure I was doing it right, that the problem isn't me. Wants to lean me back all the time! Sort of glad to know it just isn't me, but wished I'd brought it up while under warranty.
And on the lumbar question.... I love it, use it fully inflated all the time... but I'm older and have some back issues so sitting slumped over does not work for me. I even have a little inflatable lumbar pillow I sometimes use on road trips to add more lumbar.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you pushing the number 1 on the lower door panel as you enter the vehicle. The new ones don't work like the 07-14 where it recognized key fob 1 or 2 and adjusted the seat automatically. The new ones you have to physically push the button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hottyson