memory seat with a mind of its own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kly5953

Reaction score
I have a 2004 tahoe, and for some reason, almost every time we start the vehicle our memory settings are gone, and the seat moves into random positions. It's getting quite annoying and I don't really know where to start. It works for a day, and then I hop in and it shoves me into the steering wheel.
Any ideas on the first places to start?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe that there may have been a later "calibration" for the seat module. Need to have a dealer or someone with programming equipment check for availability.

OP
OP
kly5953

kly5953

Reaction score
I believe that there may have been a later "calibration" for the seat module. Need to have a dealer or someone with programming equipment check for availability.
Could you elaborate on that? Calibration?
I figure the calibration happens when I set the seat memory options, or are you talking about something else?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm talking about software in the module that controls the system. I don't recall which one controls the seat memory, but likely the BCM or the Driver Seat Module. Think of it as an update to the operating system inside that module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz