SD Card Removed - and I did it! (Yikes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have the SD card, as from 2022 on, we got the integrated Google maps, and the associated need to be connected via data to keep maps up to date.
Yes, I was surprised to see it work without OnStar. Thanks for the clarification. :)

The down side: we further sold our souls to google.
Yes sir - and the govt controlled kill switch is on the way!

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
You don't have the SD card, as from 2022 on, we got the integrated Google maps, and the associated need to be connected via data to keep maps up to date.

Look at it this way, the old vehicle required a $165 purchase annually to get updated maps, the new vehicle requires a $14.99/month data subscription which keeps the mpas updated and provides wifi data to any of your passengers, allows you to stream Pandora, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, and use any other number of apps...

The down side: we further sold our souls to google.
Ah that makes sense. I have this free unlimited 37 month trial but at this price of the vehicle, what's really "free" lol.

TexasLC

Reaction score
I just removed my card after 3 years of never touching it.

Doh! Gotta pay for a new card now… :/

A warning sticker would have been nice, jeesh

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed my card after 3 years of never touching it.

Doh! Gotta pay for a new card now… :/

A warning sticker would have been nice, jeesh
Agree 100% on warning sticker! Sorry for you're trouble but guess I'm not the only one now. I wonder how many others have popped the card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts