SD Card Removed - and I did it! (Yikes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did something similar with my SD card couple months into ownership of my ‘21 Denali and it hosed the maps and Nav… dealer covered a replacement for me. Now we have informed all in the family not to remove it! Lol
They should put a WARNING sticker near it :) My replacement SD Card is set to arrive this week, will report back if I'm able to fix myself.

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SD Card arrived and all you have to do is
1) Turn vehicle off for at least 10 minutes
2) Put in the new SD Card
3) Turn vehicle on, hit Nav on the display and say Yes, Yes, Confirm.... and

wa la, it's working again. Many thanks to @DougAMiller for pointing me to the $165 solution :)

Came in this box (front, back) and install instructions on the back of the cover
1692915279489.png1692915521047.png1692915299457.png

Last edited:

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles? Out of bumper to bumper warranty? Should have been covered if under 36k and 36 months

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles? Out of bumper to bumper warranty? Should have been covered if under 36k and 36 months
I just bought the vehicle used, no warranty, and popped the original SD Card out not knowing what it was for - which disables it/nav system and cannot be corrected w/original SD Card. Was glad to be able to correct my mistake.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used or not, it has a 3 year 36k bumper to bumper warranty. If it was within those limits, you might could have gotten a dealer to cover it at nc.

OP
OP
tagexpcom

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used or not, it has a 3 year 36k bumper to bumper warranty. If it was within those limits, you might could have gotten a dealer to cover it at nc.
Ah - 2yrs but 50,000 miles.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
I've poked around and still can't find this SD card. Where is it at in the center console? I have a '22 Denali.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've poked around and still can't find this SD card. Where is it at in the center console? I have a '22 Denali.
You don't have the SD card, as from 2022 on, we got the integrated Google maps, and the associated need to be connected via data to keep maps up to date.

Look at it this way, the old vehicle required a $165 purchase annually to get updated maps, the new vehicle requires a $14.99/month data subscription which keeps the mpas updated and provides wifi data to any of your passengers, allows you to stream Pandora, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, and use any other number of apps...

The down side: we further sold our souls to google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo