Onstar circuit card removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koachdaddy

Reaction score
The box was directly above the glovebox door, but I couldn't get the box out without removing the mounting frame which required additional dash parts removal. It was wedged too tight for me to get it out.

Circuit card has been removed but unlike my Colorado, there were two connections on this card; on burgundy and the other brown. I know the burgundy is for Onstart. Is the brown for XM radio or cellular service?

Currently shows CAL top center dash, GPS on NAV page has a red X thru it, but the Navigation is still operating by showing my movements on the map page. Is this due to my iPhone being connected wirelessly and shared info?

Attachments

• IMG_6346.jpg
    IMG_6346.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6347.jpg
    IMG_6347.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6349.jpg
    IMG_6349.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6345.jpg
    IMG_6345.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6350.jpg
    IMG_6350.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
koachdaddy

koachdaddy

Reaction score
Update; I turned off my iPhone, then attempted to use Onstar, and finally tried to see what was available to include phone contacts. Nothing was working so I turned my phone back on and shortly thereafter I noticed that the 'speed' indication in my HUD was no longer there. Switched back to GM navigation and found myself over water lol...so I guess it has finally taken and no longer usable/tracking.

Attachments

• over water.jpg
    over water.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 3

RoadTrip

Reaction score
This was your goal? To stop ‘tracking’ of your vehicle’s location? If so, you’d better leave your phone turned off and cover your license plates. Any authority that wants to know your location would first use your phone and surveillance cameras before they would bother to try through a proprietary onboard system.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen a couple people have to disable onstar only because they worked in a sensitive to electronics environment and all types of "signals" needed to be turned off completely.
but doing it for any other reason is a useless attempt to avoid any agency
your privacy went out the window around 1944/1945 when the the first nuclear bomb was being built and hasn't changed since
if you had to learn of any secret squirel shit from "snowden" then you have had your head buried in the sand your entire life

OP
OP
koachdaddy

koachdaddy

Reaction score
Found the 'how-to' instructions for our application on a previous generation thread and was simply sharing post removal experiences.

Chose a 2yr GM vehicle for various reasons and that's a whole other discussion. People can do their own research and decide whether or not Onstar is for them.

In the end; don't want/need Onstar and didn't sign-up for any of GM's 'safety' services...simple as that.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found the 'how-to' instructions for our application on a previous generation thread and was simply sharing post removal experiences.

Chose a 2yr GM vehicle for various reasons and that's a whole other discussion. People can do their own research and decide whether or not Onstar is for them.

In the end; don't want/need Onstar and didn't sign-up for any of GM's 'safety' services...simple as that.
Bought a used vehicle a few years ago. No active subscriptions. A free months later I pushed the “button” just to see what would happen. I finally played with the prompts enough to reach a live person who asked me how my drive was on … intestate…. Impressive since I want paying. “They” knew where I was.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
I'm bringing this back up because one day after canceling my onstar service, I go to start my truck and its running extremely rough and throwing codes causing the engine to be in reduced power mode. It was running flawlessly yesterday. Now I'm considering getting on board with completely disconnecting so they have no control over the on board electronics because I don't believe in coincidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia