Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers Installed !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the rockers in.....pain in the ***.

The bad part of install is the entire ac compressor and power steering bracket as well as the alternator have to be loosened and moved a bit in order to get the cover over the now taller rockers. Also no instructions of any kind, like I needed them.:sleepy10:

The way the locks work almost caused me a disaster as one came real loose at 5 k rpm and chewed up the valve tip a little, forgot to take a pic :emotions122: Not sure if it was my fault since that one was the sticky lifter I had that finally cleared. Any how I tore all down again and re-tightened, after setting zero lash with the engine running this time to ensure the lifters were actually pumped up. Seems to be ok now.......like will tell.

Pic of having to move bracket.
61f46bb1.jpg
[/IMG]

Rest of them showing clearance.....I did NOT enlarge the holes in the head.

228cbe27.jpg
[/IMG]
1ea58bf5.jpg
[/IMG]
50953640.jpg
[/IMG]

Notice where the can of seafoam had dissolved lots of crap as I was trying to free a stuck lifter.
791372d1.jpg
[/IMG]

fc2ceb38.jpg

[/IMG]

Good part is it pulls hard at 3500 all the way to 5300 shift point and never falls off like before.
I think the stock rockers were my bottleneck for all my other mods, because I swear with the cumulative mods it made a ~30 hp peak power difference.
Can't wait to dyno it and see the real numbers.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I agree. Too bad they have to be covered up.
Did you make any dyno runs before you did this?
It would be nice to see a before and after.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any issues with pushrod clearance on the 1.6 ratio? Maybe you have dis-proven the myth about that!

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read here and on other boards, and even posted q uestions about 1.6 ratio not working with vortec heads b/c of the pushrods rubbing against the head. The conclusion was that the holes had to be elongated, So I went with 1.5's on mine.

OP
OP
gpracer1

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not have to clearance the holes.

It was close, I took pics so you guys could see....hopefully the pics are good enough.

I did a dyno run last year, I will dyno it again as soon as I can.

I checked my logged runs from 7/20/2011 and the most g/s of air my MAF would flow was 186........now it's 221. !!! So I know its flowing more air. :)

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Read here and on other boards, and even posted q uestions about 1.6 ratio not working with vortec heads b/c of the pushrods rubbing against the head. The conclusion was that the holes had to be elongated, So I went with 1.5's on mine.

yep also with 1.6 full rollers you are likely to encounter stud pulling and possibly some knock retard as they get loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts