RyanPDX’s 03 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I noticed that I get about 10mpg during mostly around town driving. I know its a 5000lb V8 truck so its not gonna be a prius, but it seems a little low. its also just a bit rough at idle at cold start up so because god only knows how long (if ever) its been since my throttle body was cleaned, i think ima pull it apart this weekend and check it out. I will prolly clean the MAF as well. Does anyone know if the TB gasket needs to be replaced whenever pulling the TB off the engine or is it fine as long as there no signs of wear? I may look at spark plugs and wires if the TB cleaning doesn't make any difference but wanna do the easy (read=cheap) stuff first.

I also got some new tail lights i'll be putting on as well.
I've pulled mine off several times without needing to change the gasket. It's one of those O ring style gaskets--just like a vc gasket. If you can get one cheap--why not, if not, it should be fine to reuse if there's no visible damage. Be careful cleaning the tb. I've read not to open the butterfly with your fingers, it MIGHT cause some kind of issue. I'm not sure myself--I just took mine completely off also--buy why tempt fate?

OP
OP
RyanPDX

RyanPDX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The oring is 6 bucks and in stock at my autozone so I’ll prolly pick it up. I was planning on taking it all the way off so I can clean the backside without moving the butterfly. I think it’s best to disconnect the battery as well so the ecu resets. I’ll report back once I’m done.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need for a new o-ring but might as well. I’ve never replaced mine after several removals, it looked good. I have cleaned the tb on the truck by moving the butterfly by hand as well as by pulling the tb. Always with the battery disconnected and with zero issues.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is what im looking at. I would prefer Pioneer but they don't seem to be instock. may skip the ready harnness thing but for $25 its seems worth it.

View attachment 272562

If you get the PAC unit and the Ready Harness, first ask them if they connect the Ready Harness to the PAC. Otherwise you'll be cutting what they connected, and that's a waste of money.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No need for a new o-ring but might as well. I’ve never replaced mine after several removals, it looked good. I have cleaned the tb on the truck by moving the butterfly by hand as well as by pulling the tb. Always with the battery disconnected and with zero issues.
Isn't the 02 dbc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA