Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are still not working Mark, dang brother that wreck must have done a number on you! Get healed up fast!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It did alot of damage to my shoulders. Imagine sticking your hands straight out in front of you and locking your elbows just before you hit a brick wall at 35 MPH. It snapped both the forks on the bike in half. I'm getting closer though.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally get it Mark, when I last chatted with you you said that you were getting close to getting back to work and I thought maybe it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Get healed up man!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
You should have a build thread!

I do in fact, Here you go Sorry Mark dont mean to highjack your thread

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/travieso-forged-6-0-swap-build-thread.77591/

What happened to that forged motor you were putting together?! You the reason I went with the trucker cam and 4l80 lol. Once you feel the shifts of an 80e you wonder why GM ever even put the 60e in their trucks/suvs.

U got PM..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

It's done here you go
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/travieso-forged-6-0-swap-build-thread.77591/

Thank you sir. I would have liked to do a 4l80 retrofit but due to my transfer case and the fact I needed it back on the road quickly, that wasn't an option. There's a group buy on performancstrucks.net to have an adapter machined but it's around $600-800 and they don't have enough people yet; it's been 6 months and they only have a few takers. I had Performabuilt build me a Level 3 "Invincible" 4l60 that will take 800 **. It's meant for supercharged engines. So far so good!

I had a performabuilt LEVEL 2 - Pro Race and a Level 3 from them honestly with our weight of our vehicles we are on borrowed time, for me I drive my truck hard all the time and it lasted about 5 months, I then got tired and made the switched to a 4L85 Trans and I love it compare how my 4L8x changes gears from my 4L6x is night and day difference. We had some tuning issues due to my truck being flexfuel their was lots of manipulating to my PCM. It was trial and error but at the end I ended up with 4l80e relay mod, this tricks the PCM thinking their is still a 4L60e on it

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do in fact, Here you go Sorry Mark dont mean to highjack your thread

It's done here you go

I had a performabuilt LEVEL 2 - Pro Race and a Level 3 from them honestly with our weight of our vehicles we are on borrowed time, for me I drive my truck hard all the time and it lasted about 5 months, I then got tired and made the switched to a 4L85 Trans and I love it compare how my 4L8x changes gears from my 4L6x is night and day difference. We had some tuning issues due to my truck being flexfuel their was lots of manipulating to my PCM. It was trial and error but at the end I ended up with 4l80e relay mod, this tricks the PCM thinking their is still a 4L60e on it
I know how to do the conversion but I'd have to convert to 2WD to run an 80. With the NVG149 transfer case there is no way to do it without that $800 adapter and I can't even buy one unless we get another 15 or so guys to go in on the group buy so the machinist will tool up for it. There's a guy who has the design for the adapter and he won't loan it out because he spent a fortune on the design engineer to draw it up. Hopefully my Performabuilt lasts because I drive it hard too.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
that sucks, is 4X4 drive guys and AWD different as far as transfer cases? reason being I just had a friend of mine do a 408/80mm turbo/ with a built 4L80 on 4X4 I could perhaps ask him what he did exactly, He launches on 4X4High all the time.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sucks, is 4X4 drive guys and AWD different as far as transfer cases? reason being I just had a friend of mine do a 408/80mm turbo/ with a built 4L80 on 4X4 I could perhaps ask him what he did exactly, He launches on 4X4High all the time.
Yes, it depends on the transfer case. The NVG149 is the AWD and there aren't enough guys doing the 80 conversion with them so the adapters are hard to come by. The 4WD guys have it better.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I installed the new (free) replacement seat cover that Richmond Auto Upholstery sent me under warranty. It’s 60 degrees and sunny here today; last year at this time we had a foot of snow. FA27B361-0A70-45A3-AB0E-AD8A64F106AF.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n