Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem @Red Rocket . Glad somebody is gonna get some use out of it.

I think I'm going to be happy with it. The end caps are the right color- pewter- and now I have to decide how much of the rest to color match. I'm thinking the chrome might get painted pewter and I will leave the cross rails black.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw my cowl hood today at my body shop. I am going in for a test fit tomorrow so I'll get a pic of it on my truck, prior to paint and bodywork.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPS dropped off the Esky roof rack today. I took it to my body shop (Thompson Autobody in Portland) and his wife took a look at the chrome side rails and said" we're not painting that, no way!" So I found Jim and said: hey will you paint this for me? And he said "sure!" It pays to have a friend with a body shop.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
UPS dropped off the Esky roof rack today. I took it to my body shop (Thompson Autobody in Portland) and his wife took a look at the chrome side rails and said" we're not painting that, no way!" So I found Jim and said: hey will you paint this for me? And he said "sure!" It pays to have a friend with a body shop.

I still wouldn't trust paint on that chrome. I'm thinking of going with a vinyl wrap. Should be easy and cheap.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still wouldn't trust paint on that chrome. I'm thinking of going with a vinyl wrap. Should be easy and cheap.
Well he painted my chrome grill and it's holding up great. The side rails on the roof rack are easy to sand compared to the grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts