Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah..missing the party..hopefully she's up and running soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't 5 of the type of bolts that you hope you never have to do again. Think of spark plug #8, then put it around the back of the block where it's even harder to get to and impossible to see so you have to do it totally by feel and it's all you can do to keep from dropping it as you hold it between 2 fingertips, and then make it 5 of them. And then find out someone gave you the wrong plugs so you have to remove all 5 again and reinstall 5 new ones. As well as remove a whole ton of other shit just to get to them. The tops of my hands haven't had a chance to scab over the places that keep bleeding and there's no room for gloves. Waaaahhhh. :signs8:

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red I just checked and my line goes from tb to passenger side valve cover like the 03+ guys. I wanted to snap a pick, but I just got home and my engine and covers were still roastin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red I just checked and my line goes from tb to passenger side valve cover like the 03+ guys. I wanted to snap a pick, but I just got home and my engine and covers were still roastin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. I have that figured out now.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well today I set my sights low, I just wanted to remove the blower and intake manifold off and reinstall the manifold with the gaskets. While pulling the manifold off I forgot to disconnect the IAT extension harness and the wires pulled right out of the Delphi connector. I Youtubed how to remove the pins, then pulled them out, soldered the wires on and reinserted them, then checked the resistance between all the pins on the IAT sensor and again after reconnecting the extension to it. I'm not taking any chances, and this is impossible to reach after the manifold is installed. Then I used Permatex gasket sealer between the gaskets and head and reinstalled the lower intake manifold. I feel confident there will be no more leaks. Tomorrow I'll reinstall the blower. I have pics of the remainder of the install from yesterday and I'll post them soon. Hopefully I'll get it running right tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed