Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rocket Man Obviously I've been following your build for quite some time. Way back when I was hoping to put a supercharger on my Tahoe. Many of the improvement/upgrades I have done on my Tahoe was based on things I learned from your build. As I have commented on some of your posts - I'm totally amazed at the detail you put into these upgrades. Awesome build Mark

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rocket Man Obviously I've been following your build for quite some time. Way back when I was hoping to put a supercharger on my Tahoe. Many of the improvement/upgrades I have done on my Tahoe was based on things I learned from your build. As I have commented on some of your posts - I'm totally amazed at the detail you put into these upgrades. Awesome build Mark
Thanks Bob. It’s been an adventure.:)

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it won't peel in a few weeks/months. Not trying to jinx you, but I've seen it happen plenty of times.
Yep it peeled and looks like shit. Not sure if it was just because I did so many coats in order to do it a second time or not but whatever. My dogs giant catlike claws and the fact he weight 110 lbs and stands with his front feet right on the edge of that seat so he can stick his head out the window takes its toll. I’m planning on having an upholstery shop recover it since nobody sells replacement covers for the second row. Sigh.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw this post, thank you.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since I updated. There’s a couple issues right now. First, the clear coat on the hood is peeling. My body snd paint guy said it’s at its end of life after 6 1/2 years because he can’t buy as good of products as the factory so it doesn’t last as long. I feel like that’s a bunch of shit but what do I know. Anyway, I’ve been looking fir an HD hood to buy snd modify for the headlights but can’t find one. New aftermarket ones are out of stock around here, OEM are no longer available and used ones are real hard to find. I might just have him repaint them cowl hood, not decided yet.

The second issue happened tonight when I came out from Oreilly and it wouldn’t turn over- the starter solenoid isn’t even clicking. Battery appears good, crank fuse is good, starter relay isn’t the problem. The headlights don’t dim when I try to crank it.

And as I was waiting for a tow from AAA which ended up taking 2 1/2 hours for them to show, some dude in a Durango backed into me and drove off, but I ran and caught him before he could exit the parking lot and got his ID and insurance info. It’s not much but it’s definitely scraped. What a night.

Attachments

• EE022B87-92A5-4A4E-BE54-C246D59CB82F.jpeg
    EE022B87-92A5-4A4E-BE54-C246D59CB82F.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 12
  • EAF57431-D6D9-47C0-A5B0-B47ED8424215.jpeg
    EAF57431-D6D9-47C0-A5B0-B47ED8424215.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 13

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since I updated. There’s a couple issues right now. First, the clear coat on the hood is peeling. My body snd paint guy said it’s at its end of life after 6 1/2 years because he can’t buy as good of products as the factory so it doesn’t last as long. I feel like that’s a bunch of shit but what do I know. Anyway, I’ve been looking fir an HD hood to buy snd modify for the headlights but can’t find one. New aftermarket ones are out of stock around here, OEM are no longer available and used ones are real hard to find. I might just have him repaint them cowl hood, not decided yet.

The second issue happened tonight when I came out from Oreilly and it wouldn’t turn over- the starter solenoid isn’t even clicking. Battery appears good, crank fuse is good, starter relay isn’t the problem. The headlights don’t dim when I try to crank it.

And as I was waiting for a tow from AAA which ended up taking 2 1/2 hours for them to show, some dude in a Durango backed into me and drove off, but I ran and caught him before he could exit the parking lot and got his ID and insurance info. It’s not much but it’s definitely scraped. What a night.
At least you caught him

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wtf is wrong with people!?! :rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE