Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the neighbors love that ****, dont let em tell you otherwise :oops:

whether it works or not, it may just want to see the parking brake light on
And maybe because the tach wasn’t working too, now it is. That was kind of weird along with the temp gauge being way off.

Maybe I’ll do a wake-n-rev in the morning since plenty of these mfers do a wake-n-bake from the smell of things. Always smells like weed around here ever since they legalized it. Which kinda ****** me off because when I smoked it I always wanted it legalized and now I’m clean and sober (going on 15 years) and can’t smoke it, I have to smell it all the time. I swear some of this new stuff went from smelling like a skunk to now it just smells like dog sh*t. :rolleyes:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I did the wot relearn on my van with the tech2. It kind of sounded like it wanted to blow up lol. The fuel cutoff was around 4k. Once it hit that the tech2 said it was gtg.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I talked to Wes @Doubeleive and he confirmed the park brake light needs to be lit so this morning I did that and performed the relearn. Success! Glad to not have that worry anymore. Now to do some testing and see if this fixes my trans limp mode issues, Fingers crossed. Taking the dog to the dog park and that should be long enough a drive to get the trans up to operating temp.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it wasn’t the PCM. Same old crap. Next I’ll dive into all the grounds on the truck. Alldatadiy has all the locations. I’m bummed to say the least. It seemed from all the symptoms it could have been the PCM. I’m hoping it’s not the trans harness, I’m not sure if that can be replaced without pulling the transmission. But with the weird loss of electrical power when using the gear shift must be related so idk. I’m just tired of this. BB still hasn’t gotten back to me after looking at the new, useful logs.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it wasn’t the PCM. Same old crap. Next I’ll dive into all the grounds on the truck. Alldatadiy has all the locations. I’m bummed to say the least. It seemed from all the symptoms it could have been the PCM. I’m hoping it’s not the trans harness, I’m not sure if that can be replaced without pulling the transmission. But with the weird loss of electrical power when using the gear shift must be related so idk. I’m just tired of this. BB still hasn’t gotten back to me after looking at the new, useful logs.
If it's the transmission harness (inside the trans), it can be replaced by only pulling the pan. Either buy the tool to remove the connector from the housing for ~$20, or fight with a hose clamp until you get all the little fingers clamped evenly

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's the transmission harness (inside the trans), it can be replaced by only pulling the pan. Either buy the tool to remove the connector from the housing for ~$20, or fight with a hose clamp until you get all the little fingers clamped evenly
Thanks, good to know just in case. I plan on another inspection of that connector and the wiring harness. The first time I did was when I replaced the shift solenoids. It had some black stuff in one corner of the cavity but no visible trans fluid so I flushed it out with MAF cleaner. The harness itself is hard to inspect from right there where it is at, I’m thinking maybe I can pull it out from the driver side and unclip anything I need to in order to get where I can see it. The cavity and pins on the trans is only visible from above using a mirror as I’m sure you know. But maybe I can buy that tool and remove the harness to inspect the connector? Or at that point I suppose I’d just replace the harness. I’m already in full parts cannon mode so why not?
I see the factory harness comes with the TCC solenoid, is that because it’s an integral part of the harness? Also, is that connector the only difficult part of replacing the harness, it just unclips and pull some screws?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good to know just in case. I plan on another inspection of that connector and the wiring harness. The first time I did was when I replaced the shift solenoids. It had some black stuff in one corner of the cavity but no visible trans fluid so I flushed it out with MAF cleaner. The harness itself is hard to inspect from right there where it is at, I’m thinking maybe I can pull it out from the driver side and unclip anything I need to in order to get where I can see it. The cavity and pins on the trans is only visible from above using a mirror as I’m sure you know. But maybe I can buy that tool and remove the harness to inspect the connector? Or at that point I suppose I’d just replace the harness. I’m already in full parts cannon mode so why not?
I see the factory harness comes with the TCC solenoid, is that because it’s an integral part of the harness? Also, is that connector the only difficult part of replacing the harness, it just unclips and pull some screws?
Yes, the TCC solenoid is with the harness and yes, getting the connector out of the case is the only "hard" part. Probably take you 5 minutes to swap once the pan is off. Make sure the connector is fully clipped in the case before you put the pan back on. I think the only bolt should be one holding the tcc solenoid. Everything else just plugs

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the TCC solenoid is with the harness and yes, getting the connector out of the case is the only "hard" part. Probably take you 5 minutes to swap once the pan is off. Make sure the connector is fully clipped in the case before you put the pan back on. I think the only bolt should be one holding the tcc solenoid. Everything else just plugs
Awesome, thank you. If it wasn’t $200 I’d already have ordered one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA