Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would've just ran his ass into the ditch--meaning I'd keep going straight and maintain my speed-- and kept moving--that's just me tho.
Unfortunately by the time I realized what he was doing it was too late. Once I let off the gas and it upshifts, by the time I punch it enough to downshift and build boost again it’s over. The rpms had already dropped so oops. I wasn’t really trying that time, figured half throttle would do it which it did but he came from behind after I got out of boost and shifted. It’s ok, that time he was on my left but the next time he was on my right with his window down a couple inches, and I hit him alongside the head with pretty much straight pipes since my exhaust exits on that side. I can only imagine how loud that was for that first 100 feet (actually maybe 20 feet lol) before I left him. He was all happy sitting there thinking he was gonna get me again, sucker had no idea what was about to hit him. :)

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Unfortunately by the time I realized what he was doing it was too late. Once I let off the gas and it upshifts, by the time I punch it enough to downshift and build boost again it’s over. The rpms had already dropped so oops. I wasn’t really trying that time, figured half throttle would do it which it did but he came from behind after I got out of boost and shifted. It’s ok, that time he was on my left but the next time he was on my right with his window down a couple inches, and I hit him alongside the head with pretty much straight pipes since my exhaust exits on that side. I can only imagine how loud that was for that first 100 feet before I left him. He was all happy sitting there thinking he was gonna get me again, sucker had no idea what was about to hit him. :)
I really despise a$$holes like that.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately by the time I realized what he was doing it was too late. Once I let off the gas and it upshifts, by the time I punch it enough to downshift and build boost again it’s over. The rpms had already dropped so oops. I wasn’t really trying that time, figured half throttle would do it which it did but he came from behind after I got out of boost and shifted. It’s ok, that time he was on my left but the next time he was on my right with his window down a couple inches, and I hit him alongside the head with pretty much straight pipes since my exhaust exits on that side. I can only imagine how loud that was for that first 100 feet before I left him. He was all happy sitting there thinking he was gonna get me again, sucker had no idea what was about to hit him. :)
Hahaha! Take that shit in your ear Douchebag! Lol. I feel the same way, since I have the ARH headers (thanks to your recommendation Mark..) and side exit. Although, I have cats and I don’t think you do.. that makes a significant difference...!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! Take that shit in your ear Douchebag! Lol. I feel the same way, since I have the ARH headers (thanks to your recommendation Mark..) and side exit. Although, I have cats and I don’t think you do.. that makes a significant difference...!
I have ARH’s high flow cats but my muffler is an Aero turbine that actually amplifies the sound instead of quiets it down so it’s loud af. :devilfinger:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Douchebaggery! I had a day like that yesterday. Then when the ******* had to wedge behind me, after losing, he had the balls to flip like 15 gestures at me. It’s probably a good thing I carry. Keeps me from reacting to these morons.

I have found smiling and blowing a kiss works wonders. That usually sends them in to orbit lol

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hate it when I don’t know somebody’s gonna try to jump me at the line so I take off normal and the 4l60 shifts into second and then I mash it but it stays in second so I can’t build boost fast so it takes a minute. If I mash it immediately it stays in first to redline and it’s pretty quick for a 3 ton machine. I’ve surprised a lot of folks but I have to be careful not to break shit at that point. Maybe I’ve finally weeded out all the weak parts, I sure hope so. I have no idea how Randeez doesn’t constantly break shit with all the power he’s making. AWD is ******* parts. Especially in reverse. :signs8:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hate it when I don’t know somebody’s gonna try to jump me at the line so I take off normal and the 4l60 shifts into second and then I mash it but it stays in second so I can’t build boost fast so it takes a minute. If I mash it immediately it stays in first to redline and it’s pretty quick for a 3 ton machine. I’ve surprised a lot of folks but I have to be careful not to break shit at that point. Maybe I’ve finally weeded out all the weak parts, I sure hope so. I have no idea how Randeez doesn’t constantly break shit with all the power he’s making. AWD is ******* parts. Especially in reverse. :signs8:

Talk to BB, they should be able to fix that 2-1 shift in the tune. Command downshift at a lesser % of throttle (I think).

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm... it seems to me that a trans brake, and a 2-step are in order Mark..!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I washed both trucks and the bike today, trying to use up the last of the CG Honeydew car wash so I can break out the watermelon I just got today. It’s supposed to smell just like watermelon and I’m in the springtime mood.

E93FB28D-564C-4656-A18E-E856E37B041B.jpeg 29CACBA3-12FD-46B7-A56E-1A356293182F.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907