Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 215003 I’m not scared of airbags or springs. My work is more dangerous than either. Try replacing a piece of glass on top this building from a swingstage, where it leans backwards. Now THAT was a bit sketchy.

Nooo, thank you! Climbing 500-ft towers to change obstruction light bulbs and work on antennas was enough for me! No matter how still it was on the ground, there was always some wind up there.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nooo, thank you! Climbing 500-ft towers to change obstruction light bulbs and work on antennas was enough for me! No matter how still it was on the ground, there was always some wind up there.
Yeah I’ve been blown 10-15 feet off the building. Feels kinda helpless, out there waiting to come back in so you can attach a suction cup to the glass and tie off lol.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I saw a video, from the guy's perspective, changing a bulb on top of the Empire State Building's radio antenna. Man I was scared just watching what he was seeing! Some scary stuff. He was just grabbing tools out of his bag like it was nothing. Nerves of steel.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a video, from the guy's perspective, changing a bulb on top of the Empire State Building's radio antenna. Man I was scared just watching what he was seeing! Some scary stuff. He was just grabbing tools out of his bag like it was nothing. Nerves of steel.
I’ve been hanging at 500 feet with pedestrians and a transit mall below me with the only protection on the ground being an 8’ x 12’ temporary scaffold. Chances that if a tool I dropped landed on that scaffold? Zero. Even a small nut from that high could go through someone’s skull. Just can’t drop anything, and can’t worry about it or it will happen.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I’ve been hanging at 500 feet with pedestrians and a transit mall below me with the only protection on the ground being an 8’ x 12’ temporary scaffold. Chances that if a tool I dropped landed on that scaffold? Zero. Even a small nut from that high could go through someone’s skull. Just can’t drop anything, and can’t worry about it or it will happen.
That's the key. Dont worry about it and it wont happen. Also gotta have good hands and not have butterfingers lol.
Screw it I'm gonna go apply right now:burnout:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442