RMS leak stopped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tazio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess every one has a different experience. I'm a long time mechanic that had an '84 Chevy wagon with a leaky torque converter seal that the popular trans sealers had no effect on. One day I walked into a small foreign car parts store and they recommended AT-205 and it stopped the leak in short order. I never had to add trans fluid again in the next 100,000 miles! I also had good luck with it on a customers' Honda Accord with a rear main seal leak.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey for all I know it could be the pan gasket that took a crap and the RMS is fine. (Looks ok through the inspection port in the bottom of the bell housing.) Front seal is def leaking and blowing back too. So much blowby in this thing the more I try to stop leaks the worse new ones pop up. fkt...

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it makes a difference how soon you change the oil after adding the AT-205. Perhaps it keeps working and softening the gaskets so maybe it’s better to change the oil shortly after the leaking stops. I’m having the oil changed today after a little over 5 hours of run time with the additive.

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s only been a couple of weeks, but, fingers crossed, the rear main seal does not appear to be leaking. At least there aren’t any more oil puddles on the driveway.

I don’t know if this is related to the use of AT-205 or not, but now when I start the engine in the morning, it exhausts a BIG cloud of blue smoke. I’m guessing the valve seals are failing and are allowing oil to drip into the cylinders overnight. It may be purely coincidental but it was not smoking before using the additive. Of course it might be because the engine has almost 200k miles on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19