Rise of the Turd-burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Def gotta check out the interior. I bet he'd rather take $500-$750 then give it away for free. I've seen what the FD does to donated vehicles. It isn't pretty.
I think the interior is batter than mine, even if only slightly. Mine is ROUGH. I could probably swap seats with that one and only have a couple panels to replace, vs the entire seats to recover.

993D2635-5DFA-4FB6-8916-9E05A1F04412.jpeg

That’s the potential parts vehicle. The interior color scheme is the same as mine.

I did start on stripping my dash to repaint. I found the SEM trim paint for like 14-15 bucks a can on “Kolor House” website, which is cheaper than anywhere else I’ve seen it.
I got GM medium dark pewter, GM shale, low luster clear, and the leather/vinyl prep.

Here’s an action shot
A965610E-B981-40F0-974E-CCFF4B9E20A8.jpeg

The pressure washer was a good call. Made it easy. My pressure washer is an electric one, maybe 1800 psi. I used the narrowest nozzle I had (15* I think).

Here’s the stripped dash cover, kinda dirty, but 99.9% paint free.

4093FF41-61C1-4D3A-891D-3F397BCB21E3.jpeg

I dropped the dern thing and have a crack next to the air vent hole on the passenger side, but I think a little epoxy will fix it fine. I need to “rebuild” a couple of the side mounting tabs that broke off too. I’ll either build them out of JB weld, or may try plastic welding some pieces on.

Nooj

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I think the interior is batter than mine, even if only slightly. Mine is ROUGH. I could probably swap seats with that one and only have a couple panels to replace, vs the entire seats to recover.

View attachment 379334

That’s the potential parts vehicle. The interior color scheme is the same as mine.

I did start on stripping my dash to repaint. I found the SEM trim paint for like 14-15 bucks a can on “Kolor House” website, which is cheaper than anywhere else I’ve seen it.
I got GM medium dark pewter, GM shale, low luster clear, and the leather/vinyl prep.

Here’s an action shot
View attachment 379335

The pressure washer was a good call. Made it easy. My pressure washer is an electric one, maybe 1800 psi. I used the narrowest nozzle I had (15* I think).

View attachment 379336

I dropped the dern thing and have a crack next to the air vent hole on the passenger side, but I think a little epoxy will fix it fine. I need to “rebuild” a couple of the side mounting tabs that broke off too. I’ll either build them out of JB weld, or may try plastic welding some pieces on.

Nooj
I think whatever you pay for the donor you'd def recoup selling off parts that you won't need. If it was me I'd buy it.

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
I think whatever you pay for the donor you'd def recoup selling off parts that you won't need. If it was me I'd buy it.
I asked the feller if he’d do $600, and he said sure. So I reckon I got me a parts vehicle. Just gotta work out the details of hauling it to my dads.
Initially, I was against the parts car- because I’ve already got at least 7 vehicles parked at my dads o_O
I didn’t think he’d want another in his yard. But when I told him about it, he said “Any time you can get a good parts car for cheap, do it”. More sage advice from my wise ol dad.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I asked the feller if he’d do $600, and he said sure. So I reckon I got me a parts vehicle. Just gotta work out the details of hauling it to my dads.
Initially, I was against the parts car- because I’ve already got at least 7 vehicles parked at my dads o_O
I didn’t think he’d want another in his yard. But when I told him about it, he said “Any time you can get a good parts car for cheap, do it”. More sage advice from my wise ol dad.
Looks like good 'ol pops got your back. Nice.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OR VietVet,

I'm in San Diego, bottom is as clean as the top. Here is a couple of pics of the bottom. Really, big discounts to members? I always seemed to pay retail whenever I bought something from another member! :)
How many different ways can you have a "blown engine"? Be honest dammit. Some idiot owner can say blown and all it is is an engine that will not start or crank over or hell, he/she can't figure out the problem and then they say it is blown.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 379334

Here’s an action shot
View attachment 379335

View attachment 379336

Nooj
What did the PO do to that carpet? Sheesh. :D

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
@OR VietVet
How many different ways can you have a "blown engine"? Be honest dammit. Some idiot owner can say blown and all it is is an engine that will not start or crank over or hell, he/she can't figure out the problem and then they say it is blown.
I think you misquoted a post from my thread in post #136 above. WtbTahoe.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@OR VietVet

I think you misquoted a post from my thread in post #136 above. WtbTahoe.
Yep, for some reason I can quote something in another or the same thread and then move to a different thread or a different spot in the same thread and quote something else and the old quote will pop in there and I don't see it if I don't pay attention. Sorry for the confusion. Good catch and hope this explanation clears this up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401