Rise of the Turd-burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Hopefully it has the extra parts for the jack. I love parts cars!
Is your new sub an 8" in the original sub box? Was that sub pricey?
It was fairly cheap ($63) and yes it’s 8” and it fit the factory sub box without any modification. Well, I drilled a few holes through the box to mount it- but that’s it.
I wired the two 4 ohm coils in parallel so it matches with the 2 ohm factory specs. I think the wattage range and box requirements are within spec as well.

Yes, I’m hoping for all the obscure extra parts I need on the donor!

Nooj

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
This weekend has been busy and terribly unproductive…

Planned on picking up the parts turd, couldn’t get my uncles trailer… I at least went and paid for it, seen it in person. It’s in better shape than the original turd! Couldn’t get it home today.

Tried to do the factory amp bypass

E9422158-0C61-46CA-8F40-F5F3CBD76320.jpeg
Once again- action taking place at the soldering station, as I use magical skills to create an electrical gizmo of epic proportions! But one of my connectors was missing TWO DÂMN wires/pins- so I can’t complete this bîotch…

FedEx is also slowing my weekend progress by parading my rock auto order around the country before hopefully bringing them to rest at my doorstep.

Also, It’s hotter than a four balled tomcat in my garage.

Maybe good luck will befall upon me tomorrow.

Nooj

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This weekend has been busy and terribly unproductive…

Planned on picking up the parts turd, couldn’t get my uncles trailer… I at least went and paid for it, seen it in person. It’s in better shape than the original turd! Couldn’t get it home today.

Tried to do the factory amp bypass

View attachment 379865
Once again- action taking place at the soldering station, as I use magical skills to create an electrical gizmo of epic proportions! But one of my connectors was missing TWO DÂMN wires/pins- so I can’t complete this bîotch…

FedEx is also slowing my weekend progress by parading my rock auto order around the country before hopefully bringing them to rest at my doorstep.

Also, It’s hotter than a four balled tomcat in my garage.

Maybe good luck will befall upon me tomorrow.

Nooj
I have heard of those "four balled tomcats" and will raise you with a "three peckered billy goat" and a "fresh +f_u_c_K_E_D+ fox in a forest fire". BY GOD!

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
I have heard of those "four balled tomcats" and will raise you with a "three peckered billy goat" and a "fresh +f_u_c_K_E_D+ fox in a forest fire". BY GOD!

Today it was hotter than two rats f*ckin in a wool sock. I was sweating like a virgin reading a love letter. Felt like my nuts were sawing my legs off, and my âss cheeks done went phase to phase (electrician humor).

Stayed busier than a puppy with two peters this weekend, and accomplished a governmental amount- ie: a whilole lotta dîcking around, spent lots of money and have nothing to show for it.

Nooj

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs organizing my tools and I found a tool I had bought thinking that I did not have it when I actually did and felt dumber than a screen door in a submarine. I worked up a sweat out in the G-A-Y-r-o-g and came in to the a/c turned down so low I was colder than a witches t*i*t in a brass bra.

I was in a hurry and turned right into the edge of the bathroom door, to go back to work and man oh man, that door edge was harder than a preacher's p--r--i--c--k at a double weddin'. Tuff day all around

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
I’m getting a high frequency vibration in the floorboard. I’m going to explain it as simply as I can so you guys might be able to help me figure it out.

-Imagine “the missus” left her personal massager in the car, and it’s rolling around near your feet, on.

-it’s noticeable around 20-30mph mostly. Much faster than that and the frequency is so high that it’s nearly imperceptible.

-engine rpm has no effect, nor does turning or breaking.

-it’s not constant, it’s coming and going (remember- the massager is rolling around).

-There’s no sound, vibration in the wheel or brake pedal.

I was thinking wheel bearing, but if that’s going bad wouldn’t it be more noisy?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting a high frequency vibration in the floorboard. I’m going to explain it as simply as I can so you guys might be able to help me figure it out.

-Imagine “the missus” left her personal massager in the car, and it’s rolling around near your feet, on.

-it’s noticeable around 20-30mph mostly. Much faster than that and the frequency is so high that it’s nearly imperceptible.

-engine rpm has no effect, nor does turning or breaking.

-it’s not constant, it’s coming and going (remember- the massager is rolling around).

-There’s no sound, vibration in the wheel or brake pedal.

I was thinking wheel bearing, but if that’s going bad wouldn’t it be more noisy?

Downshift and see if it comes and goes with throttle to load and unload the driveline to possibly rule out/in U-joints. 4WD?

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Downshift and see if it comes and goes with throttle to load and unload the driveline to possibly rule out/in U-joints. 4WD?
I’ll give that a try on the way to work in the morning and report my findings.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You can check front wheel bearings/hubs by doing slight steering wheel turn from 10 to 2 and if you go to 2, the load is at the lf bearing/hub and same for other side when turn to 10 at left. You may also have motor mount problems. Hold foot on brake, set parking brake and have a trusted friend pop the throttle in drive and reverse to see if one side or the other, of the engine, pops up. If just rises a little, then mount is holding. You do not want to just floor it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan