Riding high up front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a TBSS Belltech kit 2-3/4. Instead of replacing damaged Autoride struts with OEM parts, I replaced them with Bilstein HDs, 24-186926
(F4-BE5-E374-H1).

I then replaced the rears with Bilstein HDs, 24-186933 (F4-BE5-E375-H0).

I was hoping for a slightly lower front end, (installed spacer under rear springs) for 3 inch rear drop, but the rear sits lower than the back.

Could it be that I ordered the kit when I planned to use Autoride shocks and struts? Should I remove Belltech shock extenders and see how that looks?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i've noticed on some aftermarket non autoride struts the spring perch has sat up a little higher from aftermarket manuf. which in turn makes the truck sit higher. 3/8 of a inch higher on the perch will be 1/2 a inch lift.

Can you take a pic if yours has the snap ring on the bottom like others have. I can mill it down which in turn will lower your truck.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All good. More info we hsve better for all

08stockhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda the same problem here. Measurements it's lower in the front but looks like its sags in the back. I'd really like to do Tony's mod upfront but don't know to much about it. Do you have to realign after the mod.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
More than 1/2 inch I would align it. The mod ive been doing to the struts works great.

08stockhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the lowering increments you can do? I just got my alignment done. And I definitely need another 1/2" up front. Do you have a write up or sticky something way to show the machine shop what I want done. If they look at me like What you talkin about Willis. Not a lot lowering folks in my neck of the woods. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I really been wanting to do your mod. I need a 1/2" for sure on my truck. But I just got it aligned. Do you have a write up the mod or something to show the
Machine shop, not a lot lowering guys around here. Don't think they'll know what I'm talking about if I try to explain. Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Sorry for intruding on ur post rocket man just been waiting on someone else with the same problem.

08stockhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you align yours after you did your 5/8 of an inch

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have 2 7/8 on mine and aligned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members