Riding high up front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The install was simple enough. I did not forget to swap out bump stops, new shorter pale yellow parts packaged in same box as springs. My understanding was that the free travel was reserved for the 4" inch drop option, no 1" spacer between lower spring insulator and spring perch.

I don't bottom out while towing or carrying a load, it happens without a load, but more frequent with my family: wife, (138 lbs ridding shotgun), my 5 year old,(43 lbs riding behind me) my 7 year old, (60 lbs sitting behind wife), my 1 year old, (22 lbs sitting between 5 and 7 yo), and my 10 year old,( 74 lbs sitting in the rear seat.

If the solution is a free travel mod, not happening.
Why buy a kit with so many problems and permanent mods.

I have installed complete Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing and Steeda suspension kits on my personal street and track cars, all requiring some fine tuning via spring rates, coil overs adjustments, double adjustable shocks and struts, adjustable upper and lower A arms in some, adjustable upper and lower rear control arms, caster camber plates, Watts Links on some, torque or pan hard bars on others. This has been the worst fitting kit in 20 years of building cars, (Newbie to Forum not cars).

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU IMPUT. I"M OUT!

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Well I have had the 5305 coil and I thought personally it was a good spring and rode well.
HOWEVER while loaded as you have describe except with 5 or so teenage guys I would bottom out often not as much while alone.

I did find a solution and it wasn't the free travel mod.
Pedders make a lowering spring that is a 3" drop. Part number 2425. Rides great tows well and hauls all my friends without a single bottom out and has a few more active coils.

I think yours fitment issues are uncommon and it sucks that this has been so bad for you as many people do like this kit.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

The pedders coil also doesn't require a spacer so the spring it self has more travel.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The install was simple enough. I did not forget to swap out bump stops, new shorter pale yellow parts packaged in same box as springs. My understanding was that the free travel was reserved for the 4" inch drop option, no 1" spacer between lower spring insulator and spring perch.

I don't bottom out while towing or carrying a load, it happens without a load, but more frequent with my family: wife, (138 lbs ridding shotgun), my 5 year old,(43 lbs riding behind me) my 7 year old, (60 lbs sitting behind wife), my 1 year old, (22 lbs sitting between 5 and 7 yo), and my 10 year old,( 74 lbs sitting in the rear seat.

If the solution is a free travel mod, not happening.
Why buy a kit with so many problems and permanent mods.

I have installed complete Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing and Steeda suspension kits on my personal street and track cars, all requiring some fine tuning via spring rates, coil overs adjustments, double adjustable shocks and struts, adjustable upper and lower A arms in some, adjustable upper and lower rear control arms, caster camber plates, Watts Links on some, torque or pan hard bars on others. This has been the worst fitting kit in 20 years of building cars, (Newbie to Forum not cars).

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU IMPUT. I"M OUT!

due to the rear sitting lower all you would need to do is a add a spacer to it and in rear you can cut the bumpstops down which come with the belltech kit which will give more travel and will ride better.

Your the first ive ever heard of having issues with the belltech shock extenders being welded off.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
attachment.php

vs.

attachment.php

Im sorry that its sideways

Attachments

• image-14.jpg
    image-14.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 44
  • user10151_pic16980_1342552970.jpg
    user10151_pic16980_1342552970.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 40

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
reading your post you stated the pedders also sat much higher and you wanted to cut the springs to bring it down more. Didnt your pedders sit 1.75 inches higher than the belltech 5305 with 1 inch spacer? I had the pedders on my autoride truck their 3 inch spring and it sat much higher then the 5305 but that's different since its autoride cant really compare it.

a spring that sits up 1 inch higher will make a world of difference because of travel.

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the Beltech clearly looks like it has less usable coils.

Just count the spaces.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
No I thought that it did but I think I was paranoid I ended up swapping and measuring before I sent them to yucanada. 35 before and after pedders install

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Well the Beltech clearly looks like it has less usable coils.

Just count the spaces.

Yes the pedders has 4 complete coils while the belltech only has 2 full coils and like a half.

But I didn't have a problem with the ride of those 5305 once I changed the shocks.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No I thought that it did but I think I was paranoid I ended up swapping and measuring before I sent them to yucanada. 35 before and after pedders install

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Yes the pedders has 4 complete coils while the belltech only has 2 full coils and like a half.

But I didn't have a problem with the ride of those 5305 once I changed the shocks.

got it thank you sir

OP
OP
R

rocketman76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I was to do the free travel mod or cut the bump stops, there is no guarantee that my Yukon will not continue to compress the Belltech springs more. I rather go with the Pedders springs than deal with any more Belltech parts.
Tony,

A kit "Belltech 2/3-4 07 UP Tahoe Yukon Escalade Kit" implies that it includes the components necessary to achive it's description. I should have questioned this "Belltech Kit", when it required DJM parts to work. I should have returned it at the first sign of poor craftsmanship, (shock extenders).

After all, I did purchase the kit before your "Return Policy" was posted. Funny thing, your return policy was posted very shortly after I PMed you asking where it was and what it was.

When did you add the 3 inch drop disclamer? I see it posted but the add on was not seemless, clearly an after thought.

If I wanted to piece a kit together, I would go with something similar to Blazed's set up.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
umm i have the free travel mod and the 5305 spings and done countless trucks over the past years with no issues compressing them more even towing with the helper bags.

I use djm parts to make it work because belltech does not do offset swaybar endlinks and I put the kit together to which I see it works on the trucks I hve done.

As for return policy i never had to deal with any your the first and thats why i put it up there and I do recall saying that shoot the pictures to belltech and they will see it and send you new ones out which i spoke to you about on the phone. I've had that 3 inch drop disclaimer for a while since many of my customers tow and want full travel in the rear. I'm sorry your not happy with the kit.

If you have anymore concerns shoot me a pm and I'll try to work something out with you to make this right.

Last edited: