Rhino Lining paint job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it for a few reasons.

1. Will look like complete crap.
2. Will add a bit of weight.
3. Will cost more than paint.

+1 :badidea:

There are two vehicles in my town that did it. One is a lifted Ford F-250 and the other is a Jeep Cherokee. Ford looked weird, but nicely done. The Jeep looked like crap. The Ford looked like it was professionally done, the Jeep looked like a garage experiment gone wrong.

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some on my jeep wrangler.... FADED LIKE HELL but all in all it was unique and different.
IMG_1996.jpg
IMG_1999.jpg
IMG_2001-1.jpg
IMG_19881.jpg

It was professionally sprayed inside and out

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
^^ now that looks kinda neat. i does look well done and clean.i do like the blend of paint and spray liner, work nice together...however not sure about a BIG yukon..just my thoughts.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I have to admit that it looks better than I thought I would but not enough to change my vote. Especially with fading being an issue.

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely fades in the sun thats for sure....

And as much as it is so easy to clean soap gets stuck in it so after you have dried the car and made it look all pretty if it rains or anything like that the soap comes out.... It sucks about that but I loved it.

OP
OP
ravingmadman

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Cmcarr85, why did you do that to me? Your jeep looks awesome, and the flat black or olive drab is really kinda what I'm going for (ex-military FTW). It can't add more than 50 pounds, right? The chainsaw, tool chest, compressor, air tank, recovery kit, food/water/shelter in the back of my Hoe makes the weight of rhino lining seem negligible. Other than that, how bad does it fade, and over what time period? I'm still looking at a $multi-thousand price difference if I have a pro shop rhino line it, vs. repainting...

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as weight its not that bad... my rhino lined hood compared to the stock hood was only like maybe 5 pounds heavier if that nothing noticeable.

Yea I wanted to camo wrap the rest of the green so it would be camo and rhino lined but I sold it to get the Tahoe...

It will fade if you do not get the ultra violent ray one...Im not sure what the specific name is of it...

I did not have that one on my jeep but with the new ultra violent one you can do any color you want not just black...

DO IT AND BE DIFFERENT BUT BE READY TO COME OUT OF PLACES TO PEOPLE STARING AND TOUCHING YOUR VEHICLE....

knotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your dad has a " paint booth " just do it your self the right way get it all preped the right way and the take it to maaco , let them spray it then take it back home and cut and buff it ! i had a car painted at maaco it was a ok job they just never preped it at all they sprayed it over every thing including the dirt lol ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401