Replacin switch for rear glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I replace the switch in the lift gate handle that unlocks the rear glass on my 2014 yukon 1500

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I'm surprised this hasn't been answered, yet. If you haven't got it done already, you can use a thin-bladed screw driver to pry the old switch out. There should be enough harness there to get the plug out far enough to remove the switch from it. That's what I did with mine.

OP
OP
F

Floep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, purchased new switch. Looks like there are plastic appendages on the sides that need to be pressed inward, I m afraid that if I tried to pry the thing will jump inside

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is literally a 5-10 minute job to swap them out. As was already mentioned, take a small flat blade screw driver, small plastic spudger or a pick and press in from each side to pop the inner clips lose and pull the button out, unplug the old, plug in the new and press the new one back into the hole.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was painful to watch. Never had that much trouble getting one swapped out and I’ve done it to three vehicles. I just waiting for the one in my 2013 to fail. Already have the switch.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That guy's video showed all the pitfalls so once you apply what he learned, it took less than a minute or two to swap out! Easy peasy! Never saw this post before either, sorry Arie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne